Buying Nitric Acid

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Refining Rick

Supporting Member
Hello all,
After a year of reclaiming and refining with sodium nitrate, I think I am ready to step up to the big plate. Nitric acid. But, as many of you know, it is very cost prohibitive to get a small bottle. (950 ml for $90ish). So, I propose to anyone in the Southern Oregon area, I will buy the 10 liters ($230ish) and sell 6 liters to board members who may be interested and can drive to Grants Pass Oregon to pick up their bottle(s). If I let them go at $25 each I should end up with 4 liters for myself at the cost of 950 ml. (and a pretty good deal for you!)
Obviously this is an adult only transaction. And I will ask some pertinent questions as to your ability to handle, store and depose of the acid. Of course picking your brain and discussing refining goes along with it too. So if you are interested, hit me up here or with a PM and if I get at least 4-6 serious responses I will get the ball rolling on the order. Hopefully within the next month (June). Right now I am feeling it out the response.
I have a bunch of silver chloride just sitting there, mocking me. (I know I can use sulfuric, but I dislike the stuff. Only using when I need to.)

Rick

Rick if you search there are plenty of references to buying Nitric at sensible money on here.

You have many choices with your silver chloride, just don't let it dry out, you can use weak sulphuric, I agree about concentrated, and old iron, you can add a little HCl and convert using zinc dust or go the lye and sugar route. My advice do not let it build up to a large amount as it then becomes a pain to get full conversion to metallic silver unless you use stirrers or tumblers.

Yes, I have looked about and it seems Duda is my best bet. Just trying to get the cost down for me and others local to me. Figured it was worth seeing if anyone here was interested in getting Nitric for $25 a liter.

As far as the silver. I have done the sulfuric and zinc method. It worked but I am really just saving it in my jar (wet) until i get a furnace. Other then that I would like to inquart (sp?), remove other metals prior to A/R, refine silver, that sort of thing. That is the real reason I want it.

Back