Urgent_Help on Gold precipitation by chemicals

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tharakesh

Hi,

I have an ionic solution with traces of various elements like iron, copper, sodium and other salts including ionic gold.

How can i obtain metallic gold from this ionic solution ?

What process should i adopt and what reducing agents / precipitating agents should i use ?

Will ferrous sulphate or sodium metabisulphate help ?

Hello Tharakesh, welcome to the forum.

Can you provide a bit more information? Where does the solution come from, or how was it produced? What volume of solution do you have?

Ferrous sulphate and sodium metabisulphITE are reducing agents for gold. Not sodium metabisulphATE.

What is your history or experience with working with chemicals?

The easiest route might be to place a solid copper bar in the solution. Copper will reduce gold and any other precious metals to metallic form, leaving all the base metals in solution.

Please give a bit more information so we can make sure you move forward safely.

Ben

Tharakesh said:
Hi,

I have an ionic solution with traces of various elements like iron, copper, sodium and other salts including ionic gold.

How can i obtain metallic gold from this ionic solution ?

What process should i adopt and what reducing agents / precipitating agents should i use ?

Will ferrous sulphate or sodium metabisulphate help ?

Hello, and welcome.
Firstly, a couple questions to help us help you.

Where did you get said solution?
Did you make it yourself?
-if so, what was your starting material, and what chemicals did you use to dissolve your metals.

Studying should be the only process you adopt for quite awhile, else you may endanger your health or others well being.

Yes or no. It depends on your solution. Cementation would probably benefit you more with that many metals in solution.

Sodium metabisulphAte wont help you at all.. Sodium metabisulphIte would possibly help, but there are a great many details and facts that are needed before anyone can blindly help you.

Oh, and pictures are *always* a huge help.

Be patient and pragmatic about it. The gold isnt going anywhere, but if you rush, your health may be the only thing thats fleeting. We have recently had a member fall ill, and even one is too many.

Topher

Edit: yeah! What Ben said!

Back