What best solution is good for full or partial gold plated pins recovering?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

realtechedo

I will say, I am really grateful to join this forum though I have been following this forum but wasn't a real member and now that I am a registered member and after following some of the posted topics and how you guys digested so many with very useful answers, I decided to do this first post.

I am getting into gold refining here in Nigeria, and I think and I need you guys real help.

My question is what best solution is good for partial gold plated pins, is it in AP solution or AR solution? And again, what if the plated pins are fully gold covered plated. I have attached a pics of about 5kg of both full and partial plated gold pins from computer motherboards only, how do I go about it.

Expecting he best recommendation from you guys, thank and bye for now.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    163.9 KB · Views: 313
With those type of low grade pins you would be better off processing them in AP (copper chloride) then process the foils after all the base metals have been removed.

While you're reading up on safety and processes (which of course you're doing, right?), be sure to read about separating kovar (magnetic) pins from the nonmagnetic (and barely magnetic, as in nickel-containing) pins.

i really want to thank all that supported with your various advice, thanks, i think i love this forum...

Barren Realms 007 said:
With those type of low grade pins you would be better off processing them in AP (copper chloride) then process the foils after all the base metals have been removed.
thanks to your advice

Back