Nitric acid in south west Florida

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigd1991

In new to the forum and to refining precious metals. I'm looking for a local source of nitric acid in the fort Myers Florida area. I've called everywhere I can think of and I can't find it anywhere. I know I can order it but with the hazmat fee I don't know if it'll be worth it. If any one can help me in any way I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum.
Many members find sourcing nitric difficult to impossible and when found it is very expensive unless you buy in volume.
Do you need nitric?
Many work around processes are detailed here on the forum for most values that work fairly well apart from silver.
If you detail what you intend to work with or on we can possibly give you relevant threads to read so you can find a possible alternative process so nitric might not be needed at all.

LMGTFY....Spent 5 min. and found one in central Fl with Tech grade HNO3. New to research too I'd say.

Not sure what LMGTFY means but wouldn't it be nicer, since you already looked a supplier up to just tell him? It's not like he was rude or couldn't spell, he asked a simple question and even said thank you.

I'd like to think we are better than that!

4metals said:
Not sure what LMGTFY means but wouldn't it be nicer, since you already looked a supplier up to just tell him? It's not like he was rude or couldn't spell, he asked a simple question and even said thank you.

I'd like to think we are better than that!

LMGTFY
Let me Google that for you

They even have their own website! :mrgreen:
http://bfy.tw/DDzK

rickbb said:
You can even order it from Amazon.
If you have an Amazon Business Account. Since you mentioned it, I looked it up, and that's new. In the past, there was another gent that would mention
Amazon, but I never saw it.

Other sources, expensive but if you only need small quantities ok. The last I got was from a chemical company in Texas selling on Amazon, but seems that they no longer are on there. Guess Amazon must have changed some things.

I have gotten stuff from the Science Company, they are reputable, but not cheap. I know others that do business with dudadiesel and they vouch for them, but I've not used them, (yet).

https://www.sciencecompany.com/Nitric-Acid-Concentrated-22L-P16639.aspx

http://www.rightpricechemicals.com/buy-nitric-acid-70-percent-reagent-acs.html

http://www.dudadiesel.com/search.php?query=nitric&gclid=CJTVh7Xux9UCFVU6gQodDD0JLg

I have bought from Dudadiesel as a walk in customer. I found them easy to work with, helpful and just a pleasant transaction over all. If you don't see what your looking for on their web sight give them a call, you may be surprised at how helpful they really are. Greenway Chemical Company is out Knoxville, Tn. and they have been good to work with also. Greenway is actually cheaper as a customer picking up in person(call first).
I have never had either one ship to me, so I can't comment on that aspect. If I had to pick one, I would toss a coin to decide, both have been good for me in amounts from 1 liter to 15 gallons.

upcyclist said:
rickbb said:
You can even order it from Amazon.
If you have an Amazon Business Account. Since you mentioned it, I looked it up, and that's new. In the past, there was another gent that would mention
Amazon, but I never saw it.

do you have to have a business account before you can see it Im getting into all this to make the kids keep sakes and I also love chemistry but yes some supplies are difficult to source I will also be doing a but load of silver, still learning luckly I used to own a scrap business so there's a learning curve lol, now I'm getting ready to retire from the army so I already have a edge on gov auctions now just gotta build my hood lol
thanks I've learned alot here you guys are no bs and awesome

Back