10% HCL plus bubbler for RAM gold foil recovery?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zan13898

Hey!, i just wanted to let you guys know that im just starting out, this is going to be my first batch and i got 2 KILOg of gold fingers extracted from RAMs...ive done my research quite good, i know the dangers and ive actually studied quite a bit of chemistry too, im an accountant now so almost forgot about it though..

The method i was hoping to do was simple adding the fingers in hcl with bubbler to seperate all the foils, then under a fume hood HCL plus bleach to dissolve the foils and then finally adding sodium metabisulphate to recover gold, then using mapps gas torch and graphie crucible, ill glaze it with borox and then melt the powder to get gold!...

Now the problem: i cant find HCL in malaysia thats 33%!...all i could find at max is 10%!...atleast thats what i Think it is, could be 2% for all i know...cant do the titarion with NaOH cuz thats no where to get as well as no apparatus to do proper titration...

Now my question is, ive got a friend who says he can get me 10% hcl, would that do the job?...or i absolutely need 33% hcl, in that case i have some gold fingers if anyone wanna take it of my hands...:p

zan13898 said:
Hey!, i just wanted to let you guys know that im just starting out, this is going to be my first batch and i got 2 KILOg of gold fingers extracted from RAMs...ive done my research quite good, i know the dangers and ive actually studied quite a bit of chemistry too, im an accountant now so almost forgot about it though..

The method i was hoping to do was simple adding the fingers in hcl with bubbler to seperate all the foils, then under a fume hood HCL plus bleach to dissolve the foils and then finally adding sodium metabisulphate to recover gold, then using mapps gas torch and graphie crucible, ill glaze it with borox and then melt the powder to get gold!...

Now the problem: i cant find HCL in malaysia thats 33%!...all i could find at max is 10%!...atleast thats what i Think it is, could be 2% for all i know...cant do the titarion with NaOH cuz thats no where to get as well as no apparatus to do proper titration...

Now my question is, ive got a friend who says he can get me 10% hcl, would that do the job?...or i absolutely need 33% hcl, in that case i have some gold fingers if anyone wanna take it of my hands...:p

That should be Sodium Metabisulfite.

Back