Nitric acid

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bengie84

Hi everyone just a quick question
Nitric acid?? I seen on here on most post about 70% acid my question is that living in the uk need a license to buy and that only goes upto 69% but does the strength make any difference as I can buy 38% from local hydroponic shop or would I be just wasting my money
Thanks Ben

When working with silver, we usually dilute our concentrated nitric acid with an equal volume of water, so the 38% will work well right out of the bottle. When using it to make aqua regia, we usually use it in its concentrated form, but the 38% will still work fine, just adding a little more water to the AR.

Dave

As Dave said, 38% is perfectly fine.

Nice angle on the Hydroponics source- I had never thought of that.

Jon

Well glad I could help after all what we’re here for
38% nitric acid Dutch pro PH- grow its £5 gbp a litre

I don't know how long Dutch pro will be selling it, I used to buy canna which is 38% nitric, but they don't make it any more since the license was introduced, I managed to buy what I could, and I now buy Dutch pro, but seeing as you need a precursor license to own anything over 3% I can't see them being allowed to make it. I know canna told me that they can't use nitric acid anymore and use citric acid instead. And now they have put sulphuric acid on the list and trying to buy drain cleaner is a joke.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Back