Reverse Plating

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanmcgrory

Hello

I’m looking for some advice on how to setup for reverse plating. I’m currently plating first with zincate then nickel and finally tin to al and cu

To get contact to these pieces in use a copper clip but problem is I’m only getting roughly a week out of the cio to carry the current after build up of tin

Rather than disposing of these clips is there a way in which I can reverse plate this and possibly use them again

Any advise on how this can be done and the setup would be appreciated

Ryan welcome to the forum.
I believe your questions would be better asked on a plating or a finishing forum.
We discuss base metals as a side issue, as the name suggests we deal mainly in precious metals their recovery and refining, base metals can be more of the value in some items but they are not our primary concern.

I have had nickel from plating baths from baskets and hooks but the metal it came from was heavy enough that it could be pried off. The one person that could have given you a real answer is no longer with us. GSP worked in plating for some time.

I remember him saying something about reversing the polarity but it was a different electrolyte. It makes the plating come loose from the substrate.

Thanks a lot for your replies, I have a look into it and if I come across it I’ll post what I find here thankyou

Back