Chemicals and applications

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajali

I am a small scale Artisnal miner in Nigeria. I have read a lot about gold recycling from electronic wastes. I have been able to scrape gold foils from rams, processors, hand set boards using parabolic acid(?) obtained by reacting equal volumes of white vineger(5%) and hydrogen peroxide(6%). This is the only concentrations available to me. I good yield and even dissolved in aqua Regis. My problems are in precipitating the gold. Each time I try end up getting a mixture of salts dominated by white salt. Please advice me on.this.

My concern is you do not know how to work safely or understand how to deal with waste properly so as not to poison yourself and your family. and you have much to learn to get good and efficient at finding and recovery gold it takes a lot of learning.

My suggestion is to put everything aside and study the safety first and how to properly treat your toxic deadly poisons safely, study the processes.

You do not need nitric or aqua regia to refine or dissolve gold from electronic scrap in fact I believe using it only complicates matters.

Using too much nitric acid and not properly removing it before attempting to reduce gold back into metal. Normally, the salts can be from unreacted chemicals you have added, excess urea, SMB, sulfite most soluble, although most will be chlorides salts like NaCl which is water-soluble, lead chloride fairly insoluble in cold water but becomes much more soluble in hot water, and silver chloride insoluble in cold or hot water and it darkens in the sun after washing.

Back