Gold disappeared

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Hi. New here. New to gold accumulation. My friend was trying the ap procedure on some pcb's. He's not very chemistry savvy and just dumped the a and p in without measuring or weighing. Capped it up and let it sit for a couple weeks. It dissolved everything in there AND the gold . Ok. So I told him there was no gold in the pcb's. I then read that it is possible if to much h2o2 is used. So I'm confused. 3 questions. Is it possible? Can I get it back? And how do I get it back? Thx all. This site and you people rock.

Test with stannous first, is there any gold in solution? No need for heavy handed solutions like cementing all the metals from the mess with zinc if there is no gold there.

If there is any metal left on the circuit boards then any gold in solution will cement out onto the metal. Even on copper layers inside the boards. The gold can hide and not look like gold any longer.

I've done it once, Where did my gold go?

Göran

Thx so much for the help and prompt answers. You guys rock. I talked to my buddy this morning and he added another problem I believe. He told me he added some acetone to the mix also. And it actually sit for more than 2 months not a couple weeks. So shall I proceed with what you recommended? Or did he make explosives?

before he capped it. im waiting for the Sn to get here so i can make some stannous and check for Au. Im sure there is some cuz other techniques used to recover the Au from these boards have yielded well.

Back