Does anyone have a good source for Sodium Chlorate?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazersteve

Staff member
All,

I'm in need of a good source of cheap sodium chlorate for dropping Palladium.

I've done some research and have found that I can produce my own electrolytically from table salt. The problem with this method is that it's relatively slow unless I push a lot of amps thru the brine solution and still to get decent results this takes days of constant electrolysis.

I want to find a reliable source of cheap sodium chlorate. If anyone has one just post the source information here and I'll obtain some. If not, I guess I have a new tutorial project on the drawing board for the forum. I don't want to pay $10 plus shipping for 50 grams. If it comes to that I'll make my own.

If any of our 'old timers' have any "secret sources" nows the time to fess up! :lol: :wink:

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,
I got mine from action mining it was $12.70 lb
I got it when I bought filter material for the
catalytic converter project project. They added
$5.00 for hazardous shipping packaging- It was
in a plastic jar with a plastic bag sealed around it.
They also sell 5 lbs for $48.45 but that says truck
shipping only or pickup.
Jim

I made my purchases from chemical supply houses, but that was long ago, when regulations weren't nearly as restrictive. Memory has dimmed, but I recall buying the majority of my supplies from Sergeant-Welch, I believe in Denver. Larger packages will always be a better buy. The chemical industry appears to be thriving by selling samples for killer high prices. I won't discount the idea that much of this is driven by EPA.

I do recommend you explore before spending. I recall all too well needing bromine and finding the cost prohibitive. Something like $25 for a quarter pound. I ended up buying a case of 5 pint bottles for about $100 by running down the source. If you don't know, bromine is prepared from ocean water, at least as I recall.

Luck!

Harold

I see Gldman has some on Ebay. 50g. for $10 and $5.50 to ship.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sodium-Chlorate-Scrap-Gold-PALLADIUM-Refining-Chem_W0QQitemZ230130666276QQihZ013QQcategoryZ3360QQcmdZViewItem

Here where I live there is Science/Hobby store, where I can get just about anything. It is not a chain type hobby store, but privately owned. Maybe you have something like that in your area.

Sodium Chlorate?

I have a plentiful supply in the UK but I am not sure whether I would end up in Guantanamo Bay or somewehere similar if I was to ship it to other countries :(

In the UK its simply a weedkiller...

PhillipJ said:
I see Gldman has some on Ebay. 50g. for $10 and $5.50 to ship.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sodium-Chlorate-Scrap-Gold-PALLADIUM-Refining-Chem_W0QQitemZ230130666276QQihZ013QQcategoryZ3360QQcmdZViewItem

Here where I live there is Science/Hobby store, where I can get just about anything. It is not a chain type hobby store, but privately owned. Maybe you have something like that in your area.

I can supply as much as you like in small quantities...Is it really that difficult to get hold of?
I would be nervous mailing larger quantities lol.
Should I start selling it on eBay?
Sounds more profitable than gold lol.

All,

Thanks for your replies.

I purchased 2 pounds from action mining this afternoon. Thanks Jim! :wink:

Steve

Latest posts

Back