Cell phones recycling

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

othmane007

Hello :D

I want to ask about phone boards recycling,it'is possible to recycling it in home with simple materials,and what is all the precieus metals on it?

and the last question : how can i recover copper from general PCB boards?

Thanks

Yes. Just do not expect to get rich doing it.
You will also be dealing with dangerous substances and toxic wastes...
By recovery methods found on the forum.

Does that answer all of your questions?
Probably not.
The best way to get the answer's and details is by study, the forum is full of information that will help with that question, it will not only give answer to these questions but thousands of other questions you never dreamed to ask.

butcher said:

Probably not.
The best way to get the answer's and details is by study, the forum is full of information that will help with that question, it will not only give answer to these questions but thousands of other questions you never dreamed to ask.

thanks for your reply butcher

I need your opinion about a deal : i can buy more than 100 kg of Cell phones boards with 30$/Kg , also i can buy a big quantity of green fiber CPU without the small heat sink with the same price (30$ /Kg),i wan't to recycling from it just gold in the first time,is it a good deal?

It is never a good deal if you don't know what to do with it.

Cells phones are a lot of work. A whole lot. Massive amounts of debris to get rid of to boot. But fun as a hobby, if you do not consider your time. You will get buttons to put into your vial.

Green CPUs. Same kinda thing. Remove pins. Really all I found worth the time. Lot's of work.

Notice I keep saying, lots of work. Lots of work. Cause it is. And if you only hope to make money, and run into this headlong, you are going to be sorely disappointed. That is before you even crack open the acid bottles. Now if you are in it to learn, study and save, then welcome to a world of knowledge here. Just a word of warning, don't ask to many newbie questions before searching the forum. The elders do not like that. I'm surprised you have gotten this far.

othmane007 said:
butcher said:

Probably not.

thanks for your reply butcher

I need your opinion about a deal : i can buy more than 100 kg of Cell phones boards with 30$/Kg , also i can buy a big quantity of green fiber CPU without the small heat sink with the same price (30$ /Kg),i wan't to recycling from it just gold in the first time,is it a good deal?

If you are having to ask about the deal then that is a good indication that you have little experience is processing this material. If that is the case then it is in your best interest to walk away from this deal.

If you do go for the deal and buy this material make sure they give you some vaseline and give you a kiss afterwards because it is going to be a very expensive learning experience for you.

Don't chase gold on someone elses oponion of value of material.

othmane007,

the complete value in one kg of old cellphone boards is around 20 us dollars. But the complete values can be recovered only by especialized professionalists.

To recycle 100 kg of these cellphone boards at home with simple methods, you will need about a year with working 8 hours a day.

If you will start with this hobby, bye 30 of old cellphones on ebay, begin to work with them, and in a short time you will understand what we are meaning in our comments.

stefano said:
othmane007,

the complete value in one kg of old cellphone boards is around 20 us dollars. But the complete values can be recovered only by especialized professionalists.

To recycle 100 kg of these cellphone boards at home with simple methods, you will need about a year with working 8 hours a day.

If you will start with this hobby, bye 30 of old cellphones on ebay, begin to work with them, and in a short time you will understand what we are meaning in our comments.

You are right stefano,it's not easy to recycle cell phone boards,i quit this idea.

I think there are 1 gram of gold per one kg of cell phone boards (just boards without any plastics or battery),because everyone buy it with 30$ per one kg.

I want to start this as a job not just a hobby,so i must found a easy type of E-scrap to start with.

Thanks for your reply stefano

all info is accurate, but if you want recycle mobiles then its a good option to earn, but you will have to invest in setup. try collect maximum amount of mobile boards.
try to get old stuff( not china made)
learn about smelting
process whole boards.
use copper cell to saperate pgms
do not consider only gold value in mobiles, there are many other metals you can easily get.
read, read and read. do not let your ideas left in the way!
success is the name of doing it every day!

We recycle cell phones. People give them to us, or we get them on our recycling drives. We pull the batteries and sell them to another recycler. Take the money and invest in gold. Easy. The only way to do it small scale.

do it on a diffrent phenomina. collect mobiles by yourself, with suitable prices. make a lot and process it on medium scale. instead of investing in Gold, why not get the Gold! and you will get some other metals free . ? working as middle man, why not work as refinier who get much more profit than every one. ?

cut off middle man and buy direct form shops ,
have fun with chamistry! until you controle it , it will give you profit!

One has to say that refining the values from mobile phones is not an easy process or set of processes, much of the values are not visible but in the chips etc which need processing separately which means you need to remove them from the boards and remember each phone only has a small value so I’m with silversaddle if you can buy or collect and sell on then that’s the route I’d opt for, there are many easier forms of scrap to recover and refine from.

once in collage days i read
first statement.customer is always right.
sencond statement. if it is false , then first stament is RIGHT
every time reselling is RIGHt option
but
if someone like experiments then he should do on a small scale, that might be an oppertunity for him after sone experience.
though as you guys mention " selling to a buyer is batter" but if you can do it by yourself then its "best"

Back