Need Help with Melting e-scrap and Cu Wire

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexprice30

Hi everyone, hope this doesn't go too far off topic but I have 2 questions.
1.) I've been saving all the gold bearing e-scrap that I've come across for a few years now. I have a lot of hobbies and lots of projects as well. I'm thinking about melting down some e-scrap (without fully refining it) to make some jewelry. I haven't worked out all the kinks by far. My question is this, could I mechanically or chemically remove only the lead and steel from the scrap fairly easily? If possible, what's the best route to take for this?

2.) I save all types of scrap metal to make extra cash. I have ALOT of telephone cable that I get short sections of regularly. It has a plastic outer sheath, followed buy a steel sheath, an aluminum sheath, plastic wrap, and then inside there are small solid core insulated wires. The yard I use only pays $0.30/lb for that cable unstripped compared to $2.00+ if I strip it and burn it (plus sell the metal sheaths). It's worth it to burn it, but i don't want to put that crap into the atmosphere. My question is this: anyone have any ideas about how to chemically remove the insulation or ideas about how to melt the insulation off without burning it?

Tha is, any help will be appreciated!

Back