wasnt sure where to out this...

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrmycooke

Good day members. This question is specifically for Harold, hello Harold. I thought you would be the best person to answer this.
Is transmutation something that occurs with everyday experiments or is it reserved for nuclear scale reactions? I recently read an article on a reaction that released more output energy than input. It's is a portable power reactor available for commercial and home use that combines nickel powder and hydrogen. They say the catalyst receives and small heat input in the begining and once remove continues and exothermic reaction that can generate heat for up to six months un assisted. Now here's the kicker, they said the nickel transmutatetes into copper. Is this true.
The piece of equipment is call an E CAT, with a 5 mw footprint of a small shipping container developed by a gentleman named Rossi.
If anyone else has knowledge of this I'd like to know if this is real or just a sustainable chemical reaction of sorts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Catalyzer

heres something about rossis e-cat.there is also a lot of articles at

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/

make your own view

Sucho said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Catalyzer

heres something about rossis e-cat.there is also a lot of articles at

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/

make your own view

The Google-Fu is strong with this one, Patowan!

people have been claiming for centuries to mutate one metal into another this is nothing new, but actually being able to do it is a whole nother story.

why are they going to all that trouble to make nickle into copper when a magic wand is easier to use.

jrmycooke said:
Good day members. This question is specifically for Harold, hello Harold. I thought you would be the best person to answer this.
Is transmutation something that occurs with everyday experiments or is it reserved for nuclear scale reactions?
Lets begin by me stating that I am not an educated person. I struggled to graduate high school (my fault---I was a lousy student), and do not have credentials that would bestow upon me any sense of credibility. I am not capable of judging those that are far better educated, in particular, in the field of physics.

Having stated the above, what I do happen to possess is a reasonable amount of good sense. When something looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, there's a pretty good chance it's a duck. That's the kind of logic I apply to grandiose claims. I couple that with the notion that money NEVER pursues people. It's the other way around. People pursue money, often relentlessly, with no holds barred. Couple that with the notion that there's a sucker born every second, the human race is ripe, ready for picking by those with less than a proper moral compass. They'll tell you anything you want to hear, so long as it leads to them separating you from your money. The same philosophy applies to many religions, also commonly referenced as cults. They tell the members what they want to hear, in exchange for their money and control of their lives. Simple, eh?

It is my opinion that reactions that normally take place at the nuclear level can not be duplicated at a reduced level. At least not now, with the knowledge we have. As an example, I offer you the works of Pons-Fleischmann, back in '89. I don't think these guys were crooks----I simply think they did some sloppy work and didn't account for things properly. Those who conducted experiments after they published their papers couldn't duplicate the reaction, and accounted for the assumed gains, if I remember things correctly. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Brilliant scientists have yet to solve the riddle of cold fusion. I fully expect that this is just another of the huge number of scams that have been perpetuated through the ages. If it was true, it would have been front page news all over the world.

Has it been?

Be very careful when anything you read or hear sounds too good to be true. It usually is. Remain a skeptic and you won't be taken for a ride.

Harold

Unfortunately I am a 12 night shift worker and although I make it a point to keep up to date on current events, I thought that maybe something had gotten by me. I was several pages into this article when the "T" came up. It was only then that after I had read that the nickel had " transmmutated" into copper that I stopped and made the post. Point taken. Now new portable nuclear reactors.
If I'm correct, Rossi was either a partner or he just picked up the other scientist research after they were unable to duplicate the process. Thanks.

There's no end to the number of people that hope to separate folks from their money. There's an ad in the local newspaper about a magic-gee wiz electric heater that is reputed to lower heating costs because of its revolutionary design. Uh-huh. That's going to happen. There's a given amount of energy in a kwh of electricity. You can wring from it that amount of energy, minus losses, and that's all you can hope to get. Not because I said so, but because the laws of physics (which we did not create---we observed) say so.

The notion that something can be had for *free* should always send up a red flag. Nothing is free----if it has value, someone, somewhere, has invested something to make it available. Only a fool would think it comes without cost. There is no free lunch.

Harold

Back