need some help

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check LazerSteve's signature for the link to our Guided Tour.

Do a search on the forum for Hoke's book. Download and read it.

Read as many posts on the forum as you can for the next six months.

Then start asking questions about those things you don't yet understand.

Welcome aboard :p

Welcome daboss. Yes, read, read read. Trust me, anyone here can tell you how to do it, but you need to know why the reactions and exchanges are happening to fully understand it and be safe at the same time. It's not the same as growing sugar crystals with string and a cup. What exactly are your intentions? Educational, financial or hobby?

jrmycooke said:
Trust me, anyone here can tell you how to do it, but you need to know why the reactions and exchanges are happening to fully understand it and be safe at the same time.
Very good advice,but I would highly suggest you well what you have.Plastic chips contain very little,to no,precious metals,and the boards will cost you more to process them,than you will recover in metals.Sell.

mic said:
jrmycooke said:
Trust me, anyone here can tell you how to do it, but you need to know why the reactions and exchanges are happening to fully understand it and be safe at the same time.
Very good advice,but I would highly suggest you well what you have.Plastic chips contain very little,to no,precious metals,and the boards will cost you more to process them,than you will recover in metals.Sell.
ok so if i dont get the gold out of the chips i still have a lot of the green circut boards and little plastic pieces with gold in them go how i get the foils off?

daboss11111,
Go to the general chat, read the welcome to forum members, you will see a general reaction list, it will help.

Also find a post by Laser Steve; it will have a link to his web site.

Go to the book section you will find Hoke’s book, it will be your guide to understanding, she has experiments she recommends, practicing these experiments will help you understand what your dealing with when you dissolve certain metals in certain acids, she will also teach you how to identify metals in acid solutions.

Read through the posts on the forum many of the earlier posts, will teach you how to process your materials and also show you how many of the methods we use developed over time.

most important in safety section, understand the chemicals your using and the dangers of these metals and gases, also learn the dealing with waste.

There are a ton of things you will need to learn, it is not hard to learn, but it will take you time, you also should understand this is not an easy road to riches, most people think gold and getting rich, I see getting gold is a heck of a lot of work, for low pay.

Welcome to the forum daboss11111, you have found the best place to do homework, and to learn to get gold while doing it.

Back