Reverse electroplating youtube video

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akhmed23

I did what you did on the video with exception I did not use acid. Here are the result:
1st experiment: Used meshed copper wire, response was slow and ended up with little gold and more gold left on the scrap gold. Final result, little gold with lots of copper.
2nd experiment: Used solid copper sheet, end result little gold with huge ball of copper.
3rd experiment: Used meshed copper sheet, end result almost the same.
4th experiment: Used stain steel rod on cathode and anode, better result but the stain steel rod was dissolved. End up with a brown sludge. Filtered sludge, some gold which needs to be melted to separate the garbage from gold.

Questions:
1. What is the brown sludge?
2. How do you separate the sludge from the gold?
3. What are some alternative to using acid?

Any help will be greatly appreciated..
Matt

Akhmed23 said:
I did what you did on the video with exception I did not use acid. Here are the result:
1st experiment: Used meshed copper wire, response was slow and ended up with little gold and more gold left on the scrap gold. Final result, little gold with lots of copper.
2nd experiment: Used solid copper sheet, end result little gold with huge ball of copper.
3rd experiment: Used meshed copper sheet, end result almost the same.
4th experiment: Used stain steel rod on cathode and anode, better result but the stain steel rod was dissolved. End up with a brown sludge. Filtered sludge, some gold which needs to be melted to separate the garbage from gold.

Questions:
1. What is the brown sludge?
2. How do you separate the sludge from the gold?
3. What are some alternative to using acid?

Any help will be greatly appreciated..
Matt

if you didnt use acid, then what did you use?

Akhmed23,

I am guessing your talking about the concentrated sulfuric acid Reverse electroplating cell.

What was your electrolyte?

The copper can look like brown powders, gold can also look like brown powders, I do not know what electrolyte you used besides water but my guess is all your moving is copper, unless salt of some type is used.

And most any other type of electrolyte will be hard to get the gold separate from the copper, without salt bridges or membranes or some other design.

I also expect you are wasting time on these experiments, there are good reasons certain processes are suggested, many other things tried either failed or did not work as well.

The wheel took thousands of years to invent it is round, many have tried many experiments, and still we use the round wheel, because it works so well.

Yes the wheel is still round in the shape but if it wasn't for some imaginative minds you will be still travelling from one country to other via a ship or a car. Thanks to wright brothers ignoring people like you butcher....

Akhmed23 said:
I used salt and vinegar mixture..

If you continued this in your other post that may have been easier to figure out.
You should always try to keep information on the same topic in one thread.
A moderator will combine the two posts if they feel it needs to be.

Jim

Show a little respect.
You talk about your experiments and asking questions, all that omitting important details.
If you want to invent something go ahead then and figure it out. Wright`s did it so you can do it too.

To Patnor1011, I am with little help I might be able to re invent the wing too... So, answer the question or don't waste my time...

Akhmed23 said:
To Patnor1011, I am with little help I might be able to re invent the wing too... So, answer the question or don't waste my time...

I see your stay here getting shorter by the minute.
You should apologize quickly if you want to stick around and learn.

Jim

Hold on a second the butcher is insulting me by saying re inventing the wheel, the other clown patnor1011 is asking me to respect the guy who disrespected me and you are telling me that I should apologize. What planet are you from? If I end up having a problem with your forum, I promise you I will make a video on youtube under key words reverse electroplating and let everyone know what kind of people come to your forum and where all this started... You let me know when...

Akhmed23 said:
Hold on a second the butcher is insulting me by saying re inventing the wheel, the other clown patnor1011 is asking me to respect the guy who disrespected me and you are telling me that I should apologize. What planet are you from? If I end up having a problem with your forum, I promise you I will make a video on youtube under key words reverse electroplating and let everyone know what kind of people come to your forum and where all this started... You let me know when...

I tried to warn you, the seconds are ticking. You can make all the videos you want. Make one about your vinegar cell and how great it works. You know, after you re-invent it.

Jim

this should be interesting.

Akhmed23, there is well over 100 years worth of refining precious metals on this forum in just our senior members alone. if salt and vinegar would work as electrolyte to deplate gold then we would not advise people to use something as dangerous as sulfuric acid. the simple answer is, it wont work. and instead of finding out what will work, you came here with it all worked out in your mind and anything any of us say to you will be wrong. im sorry that you wont be around long enough to figure it out but forum rules are strictly policed here and you cant insult other members even if you disagree with them.

Akhmed23 said:

Exactly. That will help us to show what kind of people come here we have to deal with.

Akhmed23 said:

After this? I doubt anyone will bother with your entitlement attitude.

People who come here with a will to learn new things chose different approach. Most of them properly introduce themselves, go through Guided tour and forum rules.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=70

I do not need your apology, refining of gold is very complex and complicated matter. People who tend to skip steps or twist processes will not accomplish much. If you would just spent more time reading instead of what you did, you would find plenty of threads discussing your problems. I believe you are adult and as that do not expect to be spoon fed.

I just used your way of communication only that I stayed off insulting people like you did.

Akhmed23 said:
One more smart remark from you and you won't be spending your time here.
Knock it off, and show some respect. I do not tolerate smart-mouthed individuals on this forum.

Harold

Ok---upon edit:

This was posted when I read the first comments. No doubt in my mind, our "friend" Akhmed23 is not a good fit for the forum.

We wish him well as I ban him from the forum. I do not tolerate anyone attacking our members.

Harold

Back