Number on the gold bars?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dongiorgo

Dear Sir or Madam,
does anybody know, if there is a website or any other possibility where I could follow back when the gold bars were produced?

I mean by typing the number which is on the Argor-Heraeus or Heraeus or Umicore bars? (I know: Umicore bars under 250 grams are not numbered)

Thank you!

I am curious,are you planning on forging these numbers onto the gold bars that you want to create?If you are,that is not only a felony,but it is a federal offense.I am only asking because I have never seen that question on here before,and the only other post you have,is looking for an all-in-one machine.

Dear Sir or Madam,
thank you for your reply.
I didn't think about it that my two questions in the forum which I wrote so fare might be a little bit unlucky. In the Europion Union the scrap gold has VAT, and gold bars with a purity over 999.5 are free of VAT.

So it is only possible to buy scrap gold VAT-free from the people (under certain limits which might be as low as 900 USD/person/year it differs from country to country). If you buy from an other dealer you have to pay VAT and bring it abroad and then ask back the VAT from the tax office. Because it can take 45-70 days till you get back the VAT from the tax office you can have some financial difficulties after some time....

The solution is a gold refining machine, and buying from the dealers the gold just like the refining companies. We are planning to refine it and buy then the gold bar with the purity over 999.5 VAT free. This is a legal and a professional way, also the most accurate in my opinion.

The question with the numbering is important, bc it is in some countries not enough if the gold bar has a purity over 999.5 but it has to be numbered on the bar itself. If it is numbered only on the certificate it is not enough. If it has no number it can not be traded at all. It is scrap gold.

There are bars which are not numbered for example Umicores under 250 grams, these are not accepted by some tax offices. My country is one of them.

In some countries like Austria and Germany if you buy stocks or gold bars or even a used car and sell it with profit after keeping it for more then a year you don't have to pay tax after the profit. I was interested in the numbering bc there are some clients who are afraid of the numbered bars although I'm telling them that they are all from the refining company. On the bill and delivery note there is the number of the bar written which is then sold to my clients.

Hope that I managed to clear the situation.
Thank you.

Thanks!
As mentioned I can only sell bars with number on the gold bar (only on the package or certificate is not enough) and the number of the bar must be on the bill which I get from the refinery from where I bought, and also on the delivery note and on my bill which I write for my client.

dongiorgo said:
As mentioned I can only sell bars with number on the gold bar
I did not mean to insinuate that you were going to do something illegal.I can see how it sounded that way,and I am sorry.I did know what your intentions were,and we get some very bad people on here sometimes.

Latest posts

Back