Gold in fiber CPU'S

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maynman1751

I was wondering what was under the gold-colored glass on the Celeron-D, so I decided to dissect one. I was always under the impression that there was no gold to go after except for the pins on ANY fiber cpu's. These are the pinless Celerons that solder directly to the board. I was very surprised to discover the gold circuitry under the black underside. Also there are gold wires that connect the matrix, under the gold glass, to the circuitry. Did anybody know this?

P1020134.jpg

P1020133.jpg

P1020139.jpg

P1020138.jpg

thanks for your work and also for embedding the images, as my cellphone doesn't follow the linked ones. very informative.
dtectr

I did the same to one of the black Celerons, that the pins are imbedded in, and it is the same. Gold circuitry and wires in the black matrix! :mrgreen:

dtectr said:
thanks for your work and also for embedding the images, as my cellphone doesn't follow the linked ones. very informative.
dtectr
You're welcome. I didn't know if this was known. I've not seen mention of it before.
As you can see, there are multiple layers of gold circuitry.

dtectr said:
did you "wet ash" (hot, concentrated sulfuric)?
No, I simply burned the black underside until it was.......uh, burnt or charred, and then poked out the center from the front side. If you get it burnt enough the matrix will pop out pretty cleanly exposing the circuitry. Do it outside because the fiber wants to ignite and you know that's some nasty stuff! Burn it with a low flame, just enough to char the material. Try to only burn the black part. Crispy! Here's one that came out pretty clean. Notice the wires going into the matrix.
P1020140.jpg

Thanks, maynman1751, I really appreciate seeing those pictures.

Were you using a propane or mapp torch, or other?

Cheers,

Mike

Back