In reference to "Scrap Gold Recovery from Fiber CPU"

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGuardian

This tutorial may be found here:

http://www.goldnscrap.com/index.php...fiber-cpu&catid=36:scrap-cpu-a-chips&Itemid=2

this is very interesting, yet I am baffled by the final picture in the guide detailing the process, and have been looking to find a follow-up hinted at within the page,
"On the next article we will explain the Gold Refining Stage of the foils."

particularly, I am interested in whether or not the gold shown in this image:

foilsfilter.jpg

Is relatively pure.

Many thanks in advance Sincerely, The Guardian

Hello TheGuardian

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, i have yet to complete the next step of this tutorial due to time limitations.

I have described the following steps here, there, you will find the process as i do it and alternatives methods.

I would also suggest you to purchase the "The Illustrated Guide to Gold Recovery from Foil" from Steve and Joe.

The gold content at this stage would be anywhere from 85% to 99%, that mainly depends on your procedure.

samuel-a said:
Hello TheGuardian

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, i have yet to complete the next step of this tutorial due to time limitations.

I have described the following steps here, there, you will find the process as i do it and alternatives methods.

I would also suggest you to purchase the "The Illustrated Guide to Gold Recovery from Foil" from Steve and Joe.

The gold content at this stage would be anywhere from 85% to 99%, that mainly depends on your procedure.

When you state "The gold content at this stage would be anywhere from 85% to 99%, that mainly depends on your procedure."

-Are you referring to the stage displayed above in the image from the tutorial or after the process you have referred me to?
-And secondly, in both instructionals it is required and or recommended as to the use of a condenser/reflux. Is this for gold chloride? or simply for HCL?

TheGuardian said:
-Are you referring to the stage displayed above in the image from the tutorial or after the process you have referred me to?

I was referring to the end of the first process (the picture above). Sorry for the confusion.

Reflux - is the act of condensing vapors and returning tham back to the original vessel. It can be as simple a watch glass covering an open mouth beaker and all the way to closed reactor systems fitted with condensers and cooling.

Back