copper mess

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomas step

greetings . do you know a chemistry process for gold recovery from e scrap? because I know ,aqua regia is not advisable for going through this process. i want to know if is better to put the mother boards that have gold plated on them on a flask with just chloridric acid and then what can i do for avoid the silver clorhidrate? and the bloody hell that i'm feeling in my own flesh with this damn copper .because i've almost a gallon of aqua regia with gold into it that's copper what can i do to get my gold out of this solution please help

tomas step said:
greetings . do you know a chemistry process for gold recovery from e scrap? because I know ,aqua regia is not advisable for going through this process. i want to know if is better to put the mother boards that have gold plated on them on a flask with just chloridric acid and then what can i do for avoid the silver clorhidrate? and the bloody hell that i'm feeling in my own flesh with this damn copper .because i've almost a gallon of aqua regia with gold into it that's copper what can i do to get my gold out of this solution please help

I am curious, where have you received all your instructions from up until now?

Jim

jimdoc said:
tomas step said:

I am curious, where have you received all your instructions from up until now?

Jim

You need to quit Jim. :twisted:
Rotfl

tomas step,
Put a clean bar of copper in the solution, hang it in solution (copper mess).
Then start studying Hoke's book, it will teach you the basics, and the forum will teach you about the electronic scrap.

It is best to spend time learning before you begin to work, it is much easier than spending time trying to figure out why nothing your doing is working, and where all of that gold your dissolving is going to.

Jim is right you need more instruction from a better resource (Hoke's book and reading the forum)

tomas,

Listen to Jim, Palladium, and butcher they know what they are talking about. Reading Hoke and the forum will take you far. Also check out lazersteve's guided tour of the forum as it's invaluable in respect to learning the way things work around here. It's been nearly a yr since i've joined and I have yet to process anything worthwhile as i'm still learning and working out the SAFETY end of things. Once you've read a sufficient amount start out small. Whole motherboards are not the way to go. There are places that will pay you outright for them as it's just not to practical to try whole boards at home. Gold foils from fingers off of pci cards and memory are going to be your easiest shot at gold. The process for those is Acid Peroxide ( option B. in the guided tour). DON'T attempt even that process without first reading through the safety sections.

Save everything else for later when you get some experience, or have it refined by a trusted forum member if you absolutely can't wait (me). The acids and gasses from these processes are toxic and in some cases deadly. This isn't to scare or discourage, just know that safety must be at the forefront of everything you are doing especially if you are talking about making aqua regia and copper messes. I can't stress enough the safety aspect of this stuff.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=526
guided tour :

I hope that helps a little. I'm by no means extraordinary however I think I can safely offer that much. Also, go introduce yourself. Best of luck to you.

I was trying to find out if the yellow pins into my cpu processor was made of bronze. with a lot of curiosity i decided to search at the internet and I was out of my mind because into a tutorial by a dude at youtube. he was recovering gold out of them with a simple process I realize that is not true it is very complicated and those acids and it's reactions are also dangerous even my plant is dead for the toxic fumes. i made a lot of research isn't true hehe lol but i was trying to earn some cash dreaming awake with a new car for the earnings. i did a process and i got some yellow nuggets but it is almost red and when I put them into nitric acid again it was making a brown fume. also a green color was coming out of them. i'm kinda lost with this. but i can't quit DOING THIS, I'm not like that. i want your help please i'm desperate pd even my bike is rusted with those freaking fumes of hell i want a complete help or tutorial step by step to do this succesfully please help

pd i forgot to put the ice at first now i've a second batch with the nuggets that i told you before this sulution is once again green but i don't know how to neutrilize the nitric acid i will show you some pics from my copper nuggets hehe i'm almost sure that it is copper for that reason i called at this a copper mess but to me is like a nightmare now ....where can i get a detailed video or tutorial with further information? i've not friends around my neighbrohood and you are the only fountain of knowledge help me to go through this please?

thanks a bundle for taking your time to read my question i want to have your help and to learn so much as possible god bless you guys

Tell us more about what your doing, how your doing it now, and what type of materials you are processing.

I want to learn so much as possible about this. in fact I did it all wrong from the begining. first of this bloody hell that i'm living now started with a mixture of cellphones boards pins from ram memories mmm let me remember mmmm oh yes some processors and my mother's rings... she still looking for them shhhhhhh I KNOW THAT MY WORST MISTAKE WAS PUT ALL THAT INTO AR as i told you yesterday that i have some nuggets that I finally have of a powder that was settled at the bottom of my flask. I have melted it and i got some nuggets but i'm not pretty sure that it is gold . I get the info from a youtube's video and some info from a guy who says that he made this before, but just with nitric acid i want to know how to make this possible in a safe way...
without to put my life in danger as i made with this mixture adding the smb i had hiccup for almost a half hour it was for the steam that came out right to my face when i was doing the adition of smb
i had a bitter experience doing that it will not gonna happen again now i have almost a kilo of precessors and another one of rams what can I do ? please help me to get a successful process thanks a lot to everyone cheers

tomas step,

If you are serious and want help, read Hokes book, take the advice given to you already.

Otherwise you are just loosing gold, wasting your time and putting yourself in danger.

You can learn how to recover and refine gold, it will take work and studying, it is not something you can learn from a tutorial or a video, it is an art and a science, the skill can be learned, but there is much more to it than you imagine.

Going the way you are now is nothing but foolishness, use that brain you have been given and learn to do it right.

Start with Hoke's book, stop wasting your gold and values playing with things you do not understand yet, get the understanding first, it is not hard but does take time and work.

I have wasted enough of my time trying to help you, if you do not want my help or do not read Hokes, even if I tried to help you would not understand what I was talking about, but then again if you understood Hoke's book you would not need much help anyway, as you would then have an understanding.

You have been given good advice, why ask for more advice when you will not follow the good advice given?

BUTCHER ...thanks a lot for your advice I'll take it seriously where may I find hoke's book? and tell me more please ABOUT LAZERSTEVE'S TUTORIALS AND BOOKS??

tomas step said:
BUTCHER ...thanks a lot for your advice I'll take it seriously where may I find hoke's book? and tell me more please ABOUT LAZERSTEVE'S TUTORIALS AND BOOKS??
http://tinyurl.com/mfnyhs
Go to a post by Lazersteve. All info is in his signature line.

It almost sounds like he is being sarcastic to everyone who is trying to help. I hope he isn't, and being genuine to everyone on the forum.

Back