Question on Tin and Lead

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zmoney8787

Hello all. This is my first post. Let me start by saying Thank You to all the contributors of this site, it has been highly informative.

My first procedure was to pyrolyze my IC chips, but I did so before finding this site, so I actually added fiber CPU's to the mix. I also still had quite a few black pieces of IC left with my mix after beating them up and using water/soap to get rid of most of the black powder. I covered all in HCL + a little H. Peroxide. I plan on getting all my base metals out and then testing with Stannous and dropping with SMB-fite if gold is present. After this I will decant and dispose of the acid....and after reading Hokes "Some special cases" about tin/lead solder I am still confused on what to do in the case that these are present. I want to use AC method for getting my gold to solution (though I need to read more about it) because I have not ordered any Nitric Acid yet. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks again.

you still have alot of reading and studying left to go.if you unsoldered the parts from the board and incinerated them before removing the solder, you can be sure that the material contains tin and possibly lead.the fiber base chips that have the silicon chip visible that solder to the board is a "flip chip" and contains no values (not to be confused with the flip chip processor with gold plated legs).

Latest posts

Back