Gold Dipped/Plated Rose

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkmonte

Hello everyone, I bought my wife (girlfriend at the time) a 24 kt gold dipped rose like 10+ years ago. Well she was never impressed with it, left it on the shelf at her mom's house and finally i said to her, that's it, i'm taking it back and refining the gold! :) So I have it and i'm getting my refining system set up. I was going to break it up in small pieces with a hammer and then use the AP process on it. Do you think there is alot of gold ? The entire thing weighs 2.36 ounces, i peeled some of the gold back and I can see copper underneath (see one of the pictures). I tried searching the forum for Rose, Roses, etc. and I did find alot of info on "Rose Gold" but I don't think this is what they meant. :)

Thanks

rose3.jpg
rose2.jpg
rose1.jpg

Whoa! Hold your horses! Make sure your wife really doesn't want it. She may act like she could care less about it but will make your life hell if you destroy it... Because it had "sentimental" value. That's how most women roll. IF in fact you obtain expressed written permission for its disposal read on.

"Alot" of gold is relative to whoever is refining it. I've processed a few of those and can tell you there is a decent amount of gold on them for what they are. From what I can remember it's like gold filled sheet. You could go straight to AR with the gold if you wanted. Make sure to show wife the nice shiny button you get out of it when it's all done. :mrgreen:

LOL she abandoned all her claim to it when she left it in a basement for like at least 7 years... It's mine now! Almost got it in pieces, damn they put a piece of copper wire down the entire stem to keep it stiff.. its a pain to break this thing down carefully so gold dust isn't flying all over the place..

Back