how you get rid of the chlorine gas

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lioser

hi all, i'm a new refiner ,i know chlorine gas is very dangerous, and if we use AR method, it will produce chlorine gas , how you get rid of the chlorine gas , avoid be poisoned.

by the way , how you get rid of the used aqua regia,usually, how many times we can use ?
thanks for your advice !

you put your self in firing line her mate, SAFETY is huge aspect on this site, and yes before you even contemplate about messing around with some of these chemicals i highly suggest you learn all about safety first, all of the fumes are toxic to you and some of them can become fatal, if its not oxygen "dont inhale it" , take it from some of members on here and there experience of years of exposure to these chemicals, they have huge regrets. please please please make sure you take your stuff out side, where some gloves, some goggles and a mask( although mask "DONT" stop the fumes ), next best thing is a fume hood, there are members on here who make them there own , but personally its not for me, if something goes wrong down to simple power cut at the wrong time of a process and you get a few breaths of the wrong fume.... welll.

take care, nice to meet you and welcome to goldrefiningforum.com
Most of your answers will be in the link below
Refining Precious Metal Wastes C.M.Hoke http://tinyurl.com/mfnyhs

Damian

Damez,
Very nicely handled.

Lioser,
He is very correct. Safety is always the first priority! No amount of gold is worth yours, and other people's around you, health.

I do not mean to offend you, but your question shows your lack of knowledge about even the basics. AR will produce a gas / or fumes that are much more toxic than chlorine gas; NoX ( nitric oxide ) . This is one of the many by products of this hobby that will not give you a second chance.

Welcome to the forum and please be safe. You should start with the safety section of the forum and the guided tour.

lioser,

Welcome to the Gold Refining Forum! We are glad to have you here. This forum contains some of the most experienced and knowledgeable members when it comes to refining precious metals from various forms of stock. This is a self help forum. What that means is there is a bit of self education required before the seasoned members here are more interested in helping you with questions and guidance. Below is a checklist that should be completed for your safety, the safety of those around you and property.

1. I would recommend you stop everything you are doing and read Refining Precious Metal Wastes by C.M. Hoke. Below is a link to a thread, here in our forum, where you can download a free copy.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2815953/Refining-Precious-Metal-Wastes-C-M-Hoke
Reference the post by one of our most knowledgeable members, "jimdoc"

jimdoc

2. You should perform the acquaintance experiments Ms. Hoke instructs, to better familiarize yourself with the different type of reactions different metals have with different acids and temperatures. However, before performing any exercise, review the MSDS Sheet for each acid in the exercise.

3. I would learn what the scientific names are for different acids. For instance, you should learn that Hydrogen Peroxide is also known as H2O2. Also learn the chemical symbols for different elements like Platinum, which is also known as Pt.

Once all of the above have been completed, you should then thoroughly go through the Welcome Tutorial thread located at the link below AND read through all the sections of the forum, in its entirety:

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=6873#6873

Our seasoned members here will know if you have done your homework and if you know the material from Hoke's book, Refining Precious Metals Wastes. Their willingness to help you greatly depends on their belief that you have successfully completed all of the above.

We are glad to have you!

srlaulis said:
Reference the post by one of our most knowledgeable members, "jimdoc"

I may be up on the list of earliest forum members, but I am far from "one of our most knowledgeable members". I can say that I have read every post on the forum, and that is something that everyone can do. It was just a lot easier to do it from the start.

Jim

I agree, jimdoc, is also very helpful in keeping the forum running smoothly.

I Have tried to read every one, but that proves to be almost more than I can handle, there is an allful lot of talkin going on. :lol:

Back