What is the most efficient way to trim goldfingers

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

realdealsanysidro

Hello to everyone on this beautiful site. I am a new member with some experience in general chemistry and i would like to know what is the easiest way to trim goldfingers from various boards. Videos would help very much and all posts are appreciated. sorry if there is already a thread on this topic but I am very new to this forum. thank you :lol:

There are a ton of threads on here about the subject. Many people use a paper cutter, others use shears, I used the search feature: http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/search.php?keywords=paper+cutter&terms=all&author=&sv=0&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

I use a shear. It costs a bit up front but I get a lot of use out of it. It's saved me so much time that I wouldn't want to work without one.
Makes clean, sharp, accurate cuts and almost no dust.... oh, did I mention it's fast?

Just be careful because it will remove the fingers from your hand just as effortlessly.

There are lots of other methods to remove fingers, some won't cost you a dime.

realdealsanysidro said:
Hello to everyone on this beautiful site. I am a new member with some experience in general chemistry and i would like to know what is the easiest way to trim goldfingers from various boards. Videos would help very much and all posts are appreciated. sorry if there is already a thread on this topic but I am very new to this forum. thank you :lol:

Not to jump on you the moment you joined the forum, but. . .

New member, loves the site, posts for info without searching. Spoon fed information shows up. There are thousands of posts dealing with this and here's another one to throw on the heap. Not to be outdone, someone else will chime in with their take and recommendation, and before you know it, this thread of no importance will continue being bumped to the top for the next week. What a waste. And during all that time, will the new member learn to search for other answers? Probably not, certainly not if he never need search for any info. Afterall, was the question so pressing that he couldn't take 20 minutes to do it himself? Maybe those members who want to help can just PM the newbies, and mercifully spare the rest of us the additional posts. Really, this question isn't even in the right area, is it? I would think equipment would be much more precise, but again, the new member doesn't know that yet because he/she hasn't taken the time to look through the site.

Edited to remove reference to Harold's musing. Not on point.

Take a piece of 2x4 or 4x4 block of wood and using a hand saw cut across the grain making a notch approximatley 1/4" deep. I then place pci/video card finger in it and snap off the finger. It makes a nice clean cut. Ram cards i use an old paper cutter that is all steel.

I use a shear almost identical to the one resabed posted a picture of and can cut and sort 30 or more cards per minute when I'm on a roll.

It also cuts through hard drive platters which keeps my corporate customers happy. I cut them into quarters and will show them a picture of their platters if they wish.

Back