Looking for a tutorial on separating gold from sulfuric acid

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metaphore

Could someone point me to a tutorial on dropping gold out of sulfuric acid electrolyte after reverse electroplating?

If you do a search for "sulfuric cells" it will give some post to read. Another option is to search Laxersteve's posts he has done a lot of posts on sulfuric cells.
Hope this helps.
Ken

Metaphore said:
Could someone point me to a tutorial on dropping gold out of sulfuric acid electrolyte after reverse electroplating?
There is no gold dissolved in the sulfuric acid. None. All the gold has already been dropped, automatically, during the stripping.

jeneje said:
If you do a search for "sulfuric cells" it will give some post to read. Another option is to search Laxersteve's posts he has done a lot of posts on sulfuric cells.
Hope this helps.
Ken

Thank you. I'll keep trying your search suggestions.

goldsilverpro said:
There is no gold dissolved in the sulfuric acid. None. All the gold has already been dropped, automatically, during the stripping.

Thank you for clarifying that, goldsilverpro. I should have asked about separating gold from sulfuric acid. I saw the process of deplating demonstrated in a few videos, but had never seen any information on getting the black goo out of the electrolyte. That's what I'm looking for. I guess if I knew the name for that process, I'd have no trouble finding it.

Try a search for the words black powder, with author lazersteve.

Searching becomes much easier the more you read the forum. You may not remember where every post is, but you tend to remember some of the terms used and which authors posted them.

Dave

FrugalRefiner said:
Try a search for the words black powder, with author lazersteve.

Searching becomes much easier the more you read the forum. You may not remember where every post is, but you tend to remember some of the terms used and which authors posted them.

Dave

Thank you, Dave! That did the trick.

Back