Are these worth any? What are those?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I remember correctly Geo said in a post that the inner arms *could be pure silver as well as the crystal part.

Attachments

• Crystal-Oscillator.jpg
    Crystal-Oscillator.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 326
  • 220px-InsideQuartzCrystal.jpg
    220px-InsideQuartzCrystal.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 326
So they are worth for scraping and reselling? Does any one know the prices on market, or how much of silver/gold can you get from 500g of these?

It is one of those things that you know has value but no one has processed enough to give yield data on. You can do your own experiments and it will serve you better. If you are depopulating boards, they are something to save and collect. Some people may consider enough to yield an ounce of silver worth refining and and some would need a lot more than that to even consider it. A pound may yield a gram of silver and it may not. it depends the material and your ability to reclaim and purify it. Some are better than others.

I'm saving those just in case but always wondered how to process them. Crack them open one by one to remove the lid first or just remove base metals as is. Don't even remember if it's magnetic or not and I'll have to spend at least one more week away from home before I could test.

MarcoP said:
I'm saving those just in case but always wondered how to process them. Crack them open one by one to remove the lid first or just remove base metals as is. Don't even remember if it's magnetic or not and I'll have to spend at least one more week away from home before I could test.

ok, please let me know what you will find inside :)

A pair of heavy duty tin snips come in handy. I always had cut the very top off and then down towards the legs like a jacket. Then dismantle the rest with a pair of dikes.

acpeacemaker said:
A pair of heavy duty tin snips come in handy. I always had cut the very top off and then down towards the legs like a jacket. Then dismantle the rest with a pair of dikes.

Question answered before asking it, :lol:
Thanks, I had tried several methods to open one with out breaking the inside with no luck.

Back