Is it worth? Smartphone

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhaizaos

Hi everyone,
So, I got really interest in this business and wanted to give it a try, so i'm completely new to all this

First of all, how much gold do you need to make let's say, like 50€? In electronics is it like 3 TV's + 2 old phones + ...? I saw that the gold value is at like 40€, so selling it you can get usually how much? 80% of that?

Anyway, I have a smartphone (ZTE Blade) that doesn't work anymore and I thought it could be what i would start with. Which one is the best way to remove the gold from it (if it has any), considering that i don't have any access to chemicals and is it worth?

Thank you and I apologize for my ignorance

According to this link, there is about $2 to $3 worth of precious metals in a iphone. I have no idea if this is right or wrong, since I've never wasted the time and expense to deal with such lo-grade material, at least on a small scale. To make money in this type scrap, you have to think in terms of tonage on an ongoing basis.

http://www.electronicproducts.com/Computer_Systems/Standalone_Mobile/How_much_precious_metal_is_in_your_iPhone.aspx

Rhaizaos said:
Hi everyone,
So, I got really interest in this business and wanted to give it a try, so i'm completely new to all this

First of all, how much gold do you need to make let's say, like 50€? In electronics is it like 3 TV's + 2 old phones + ...? I saw that the gold value is at like 40€, so selling it you can get usually how much? 80% of that?

It can be nice hobby. Costly at first but as time goes maybe you will be able to break even or even turn up some small profit.
It can be business if you will be able to source and process at minimal cost something like hundreds and thousands of units.

Rhaizaos said:
Anyway, I have a smartphone (ZTE Blade) that doesn't work anymore and I thought it could be what i would start with. Which one is the best way to remove the gold from it (if it has any), considering that i don't have any access to chemicals and is it worth?

Thank you and I apologize for my ignorance

With one phone you do have nothing. Not even to start with. With no access to chemicals you will never get the gold out of anything. You can dismantle and separate electronic material to various grades and types and sell that. From what you make selling it you can buy gold.

patnor1011 said:
It can be nice hobby. Costly at first but as time goes maybe you will be able to break even or even turn up some small profit.

I actually meant to do this as a hobby, I didn't explain my self well, i just wanted to do this so I could once in a while make a few bucks.

patnor1011 said:
With one phone you do have nothing. Not even to start with. With no access to chemicals you will never get the gold out of anything. You can dismantle and separate electronic material to various grades and types and sell that. From what you make selling it you can buy gold.

I just referred the phone (don't know if the English is correct) so I could learn how to do it and have a minimal notion of how many gold there is in the kind of equipment i have access to or I could easily get
I can get some old tv's, plasma's, computers (I know processors have a lot of gold, I'm studying programming and PC hardware, that's where this idea came from), etc.
I did some research and i found that some people could remove the gold connectors by applying a lot of heat to it, and the gold connectors would simply fall off with a "little help". That's what I had in mind but i dont know if it actually works

Anyway, thank you both for your attention, I appreciate it

Back