Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrugalRefiner

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
About 9 months ago I posted my printer friendly version of Hoke's book. In the process of creating that version I corrected many errors that had been generated by the OCR software when the book was originally digitized. I also rescanned all of the photos and drawings and included some text that had been lost in the original process. Unfortunately, the printer friendly version is cumbersome to read on screen, as the order of the pages is organized for printing, not for reading from the screen. Over the last couple of months, I have corrected some additional errors, tweaked a couple of the images, and written an Introduction to point out some inaccurate and/or outdated information in the book. Since I know many members rely on their screen readable versions of the book, I decided to reformat my version back into a screen readable version so that everyone may benefit from the improvements.

• The page size is 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", the same size as those in my 2003 reprint of the book, eliminating all the wasted margin space,
    All of the corrections, rescanned images, and the missing text are included in this version, and
    The Introduction is included in this version.

I've done the best I can to make this an accurate reproduction of the original book with an updated introduction. Everyone who provides links to Hoke's book is welcome to link to this new version.

If anyone finds any errors or omissions, please let me know and I will correct them.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Dave

You can also find my printer friendly version here: Printer Friendly Copy of Hoke's Book

Attachments

• C. M. Hoke Refining Precious Metal Wastes Screen Readable December 2013.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 8,750
Time to read it again!

Thanks to all the contributors and the one's that made it possible. :mrgreen:

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the files and all of the hard work, it's going to my Ipad tonight :lol: good stuff for those winter evenings 8)

Greetings

Pat

Wow, just had a chance to take a look at your version - The introduction alone inspired me to reread half the book.

Kudos on a job well done, and thanks for your effort!

jpdriver1 said:
Thank you -- now to try and print at work 8)
If you want to print it out, I'd suggest the printer friendly version. There's a link in my signature line below. It will print on half as many sheets of paper as the version in this thread.

Dave

FrugalRefiner said:
About 9 months ago I posted my printer friendly version of Hoke's book. In the process of creating that version I corrected many errors that had been generated by the OCR software when the book was originally digitized. I also rescanned all of the photos and drawings and included some text that had been lost in the original process. Unfortunately, the printer friendly version is cumbersome to read on screen, as the order of the pages is organized for printing, not for reading from the screen. Over the last couple of months, I have corrected some additional errors, tweaked a couple of the images, and written an Introduction to point out some inaccurate and/or outdated information in the book. Since I know many members rely on their screen readable versions of the book, I decided to reformat my version back into a screen readable version so that everyone may benefit from the improvements.

• The page size is 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", the same size as those in my 2003 reprint of the book, eliminating all the wasted margin space,
    All of the corrections, rescanned images, and the missing text are included in this version, and
    The Introduction is included in this version.

I've done the best I can to make this an accurate reproduction of the original book with an updated introduction. Everyone who provides links to Hoke's book is welcome to link to this new version.

If anyone finds any errors or omissions, please let me know and I will correct them.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Dave

You can also find my printer friendly version here: Printer Friendly Copy of Hoke's Book

Thank you for your favor!

Wow! How did I miss this? Thank you so very much! You did an incredible job. It is so much easier on the eyes and brain.

I downloaded both versions, now I need a new ink cartridge. I can't wait to have the cleaned up version in print, great excuse to read it again.

Doug

Back