Patent on inquarting

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g_axelsson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was doing a bit of research when I ran into this patent.
US4857107 : Gold inquartation process
I have stated many times that the patent process was broken and the fact that this patent was granted is a prime example. The "inventor" even called the step when he melts gold and base metal to get to 25% for inquarting and the examiner didn't find any prior art. :evil:

... anyhow, the patent is expired but it is referring other patents and has been referred by other patents. Could be a fun thing to check out the other patents to see if there is something interesting. I don't have time right now, so feel free to take over. 8)

Göran

I think people will patent, or try to patent most anything, even ancient processes known for generations, by changing one little thing in how they make soap (even though it can be made almost the same way as soap has been made for thousands of years), maybe they change one small step, or add a step, so they may seek to gain a few dollars, on their new invention of making soap...
Sometimes with their patent on their newly invented wheels (painted gold with purple poky dots)...

I worked for a company that created dry ice blasting technology. When the original partners parted ways, the new company had to break their own patents to continue the technology. One example was a rotary feeder for the dry ice pellets. The original patent had pockets milled into the outside diameter of a spinning wheel. They patented a new feeder with the pockets milled into the flat face of the wheel. :roll:

Dave

Back