My Gold and Silver

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannibal Smith

Hi,
I found these things with my metaldetector in Germany.

Best regards.
Max

Attachments

• SAM_1059.JPG
    SAM_1059.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 675
  • SAM_1061.JPG
    SAM_1061.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 675
  • SAM_1060.JPG
    SAM_1060.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 675
  • SAM_1029.JPG
    SAM_1029.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 675
  • SAM_1026.JPG
    SAM_1026.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 675
Nice finds! So far I've found $2.60 in coins, and a bunch of rusty nails, and some pop can tabs. Guess I need to get out & keep looking.

You also have some very old one (Kreuzer) from the "Kaiserreich".
In my area you can find a lot of metal from the roman impire and even the keltics. We have some ot the headquarter of Hitler just in my forrest behind my house.
The US. Army blew these bunkers up and all the scrap flew in a wide range around it. I have found ammo from anti-aircraft-guns, metal pieces from roman soldier´s equipment so far and some unidentified metal scrap pieces, that look like from crashed planes.
I read that in east germany you can hunt for metal in small, shallow lakes. Many items were thrown into them as the russians advanced towards the west.
My grandparents who lived in eastgermany (Pommern) which is now a part of poland, dug a hole and put all their silver spoons etc in there. Many families have done that, afraid they would be robbed on their trail to the west. But as they never came back, there is lot to be found in the soil of eastgermany.

Marcel

@ Marcel
There are also medieval coins.
Where do you live exactly?

@ skeeter
When you was in Germany at the army...you were at Grafenwöhr?

Here a new goldring. I found it in a park.

Attachments

• SAM_1340.JPG
    SAM_1340.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 233
Back