• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New to e-scrapping , all advice welcomed !

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flowin71

Good morning , I am new to e-scraping and have been collecting for a short time but I am accumulating some stock piles . One item I have stock piled are batteries , I have
3.7V 1800mAh Lithium Polymer Li-Po Rechargeable Batteries. These have a positive and negative lead and the ones I have tested have a 3.7 charge. My question is where would be a good place to sell such an item. The local scrap yards are a no go and I have had no luck really finding a person/company to sell them to if possible. I thought about ebay but I cant sell them as new and selling them as used could present a problem if I get the wrong buyer. I rather try to get rid of them while they are good instead of letting just go bad. I have a bunch of (watch) batteries as well , but I think they are one time use instead of being rechargeable . I have collected a lot of boards but for now rather hold on to them until I get more weight . Any advice would be welcomed . Thank you in advance !

Hi and welcome- nice to hear from you. One little thing that's a pet thing- it's scrapping not scraping. 8) 8)

Show us some pics of your boards would you?

For the watch batteries, sort the Silver-Oxide batteries separate from the Lithium metal batteries. Look up the part numbers / datasheet and you will be able to work out which is which.

As Jon said, scrapping not scraping, but we all knew what you meant.

The lithium batteries often have great secondhand value, invest in a capacity checker meter, then sell them on ebay with their tested capacity stated. You might not get much for them, but you will almost certainly get more than scrap yard value.

Hello , thanks for the response . I am wanting to try to rid of the batteries all at once but I will keep the idea in mind . Here are a few pictures. Feel free to let me know what you think , thanks again !

Attachments

• DSCN7615.JPG
    DSCN7615.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 156
  • DSCN7617.JPG
    DSCN7617.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 156
  • DSCN7618.JPG
    DSCN7618.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 156
  • DSCN7619.JPG
    DSCN7619.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 156
Welcome flow.

A couple things, as far as the button batteries, sort out the silver oxide batteries and throw the rest into shred. Every company I have ever talked to about them state that there is just not enough value to go after.

Second, it really helps to know where in the US you are. There are many buyers for the other lithium ion batteries but be careful, I don't think you can ship them in the mail without being attached to the device in which they were manufactured for.

Google ewaste buyer, escrap buyer, electronic scrap buyer, computer buyer, and also the phrase,"we buy computer scrap."

Unfortunately, there are so many good items that just get scrapped these days because there are millions and millions of these items available. You could also check with radio controlled car or airplane clubs to get more value.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Hey , sorry about the double post thing . Mike , I really appreciate the advice. I am going to check out some people. I am in Raleigh N.C , so if anyone reads this and has an interest in them , feel free to leave a message , thanks again in advance

Another question , what about the boards , I am not sure what I have and what to classify it as , let alone who to sell them too. Thank you

Send your pics to boardsort. he will make you an offer and then weigh that number against the cost of shipping. I am guessing Raleigh would be large enough to have a buyer down there.

Mike

Back