• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Fingerboard/Motherboards/Memory chips and more.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisdku

I am looking to buy fingerboards/motherboards/memory chips/cell phone boards/telecom boards, anything with some gold in it. I am buying a LOT, talking in the tons here. I would want to discuss what you have, if I can buy a 5 or 10 lb sample of the stuff to check out myself then if all is good with it we would want to buy it in the tons, long term possibly. If anyone know anyone in the field of selling separated boards or if you have a good amount of them to sell I would be more than willing to discuss and buy. My prices might be low as they are just starting points. If you have good stuff I will modify the price to please us both.

Cell phone scrap from $3.50-$4.50/lb. depending on quality.
Motherboards from $3.50-$4.50 or even higher depending on boards.
PC cards/fingerboards $3.75
memory $14/lb
processors 18/lb

Like I said most of those are starting points and if you have quality goods I will be more than happy to discuss the price further. Thanks. Will check my PMs frequently.

Chris

It would help members if you posted your location,and a direct email address,and a link to your website(if you have one).Also you need to include information on logistics,whether you pay for shipping on certain items,or not.

You also may want to get more specific about "processors" at
$18 a pound. I.e. green fiber processors at $18 per pound
or slot one processors at $18 per pound. Pentium Pro processors
at $18 per pound. :lol:

You're right, sorry about that. I am trying to get my pricing all down still. I meant the green fiber ones for 18$/lb. Is there any site that has going rates on these parts? I really need to find a way to get my pricing down and competitive. I have the money to pay more if it is good stuff but I need to know the average price so I don't get ripped off and I also don't rip off others in any way. Any ideas?

Chrisdku said:
You're right, sorry about that. I am trying to get my pricing all down still. I meant the green fiber ones for 18$/lb. Is there any site that has going rates on these parts? I really need to find a way to get my pricing down and competitive. I have the money to pay more if it is good stuff but I need to know the average price so I don't get ripped off and I also don't rip off others in any way. Any ideas?

Question Here Please. You are buying scrap electronic parts and you have not researched your competition pricing? Ummm :roll:

Ken

jeneje said:
Chrisdku said:

Question Here Please. You are buying scrap electronic parts and you have not researched your competition pricing? Ummm :roll:

Ken

I have looked around quite a bit but everyone seems to have different parts so I don't have pricing for each one. One guy seling fingerboards for 3.50$ a lb might seem absurd to the guy selling them for 5.50 a lb. I just am asking if there is an average pricing site.

Chrisdku said:
jeneje said:
Chrisdku said:

Ken

I have looked around quite a bit but everyone seems to have different parts so I don't have pricing for each one. One guy seling fingerboards for 3.50$ a lb might seem absurd to the guy selling them for 5.50 a lb. I just am asking if there is an average pricing site.

First you need to decide what you are going to buy, ie mother boards, finger boards,etc... Check the pricing in your area, then check the pricing in other areas, this you know. The main point is that PM pricing is based on the market, market up - pricing up - market down - pricing down. What i am saying is this there is NO set pricing. To be in business is to stay in business buy as cheap as you can and sell for as much as you can. Be prepared to take a lose at anytime, I don;t mean a few thousand of dollars - I mean a loss quarter of a millon if you plan on buying tons and tons. Buying electronic parts to resell is at best a gamble in the dark, you hope while you sleep the market don't take a plong overnite and you lose. I know this is not what you want to hear but it's how it's played.

Good luck,
Ken

I understand and appreciate the replies. We are refiners so I hope we can make money back. We shall see. I definitely wouldn't want to resale all these parts hehe =P.

ps2fixer said:
I would base on boardsort.com, most of the prices there are comparable to other markets.
I agree.Chris is certainly not the highest payout,but he has good prices,for both the customer,and himself.If you can meet his prices,and his work ethics,you should do well.But I am here to tell you that,the best prices in the world,will not compensate for crappy customer service.Chris has hit a few snags in the road,but it never compromised an excellent customer service record.

We can handle shipping. Whatever works best for the customer is what I go for. Whether that is a truck that comes and gets the parts or them shipping it to us at our cost it doesn't matter.

chisdku
you sound like me 6 month ago,whatever the condition ill take it... BAD IDEA i lost my truck,my place and my buyer...now im slowly getting up but it is hard .i was making money just not enuf to subtain if everyting goes bad ...and since you start your business everyting will goe bad ... for sure...
anyway like other poeple say ...just my 2 canadian cents

Chrisdku said:
We can handle shipping. Whatever works best for the customer is what I go for. Whether that is a truck that comes and gets the parts or them shipping it to us at our cost it doesn't matter.

Have you checked the shipping prices lately, last i shipped to Ohio was on average of .65 cents a lb. That was using ground - using the post office.

Ken

I won't go through a post office for shipping more than likely. Most people want us to pick it up which works for us, we can send a big 18 wheeler there to have everything loaded into it. It is no sweat for my company. Thank you for your 2 cents though.= ).

Chrisdku said:
I won't go through a post office for shipping more than likely. Most people want us to pick it up which works for us, we can send a big 18 wheeler there to have everything loaded into it. It is no sweat for my company. Thank you for your 2 cents though.= ).

So you will pay an average price for my escrap.
You will even come to me and pick it up for free.

Do I get paid as it is loaded on the truck?
Where are you located?
How come you haven't posted a location or real contact information for your business yet? :shock:

Tom C.

niteliteone said:
Chrisdku said:

Where are you located?
How come you haven't posted a location or real contact information for your business yet? :shock:

Tom C.
I think..... well you guys know... :roll: :mrgreen:

jeneje said:
niteliteone said:
Chrisdku said:

Where are you located?

Tom C.
I think..... well you guys know... :roll: :mrgreen:
I have to admit,there is starting to be a trend of things not adding up here.You came on the forum,but had no prices,and no idea of what to pay.
Chrisdku said:
We are refiners so I hope we can make money back.
Who is "We"? You haven't listed any website.You have not given a company name.You have not given any phone number,or address,heck for that matter you still haven't given us your name other than Chris.
Chrisdku said:
Chrisdku said:
You said you'll pay for shipping,and whatever works best for the customer,then you say you won't use the post office.Then you go on to say it's "no sweat" for your company to send a "big 18 wheeler" and pick everything up.
Taking into account everything that I have written up above,I am guessing you are very young.Maybe 25 or less.Now being young is obviously not a bad thing,we have one member that is also very young,and is part owner of a large company.However he has an older brother that is also part owner,and they have a history of it.You sound a bit starry eyed,with no game plan,or very little game plan.That's a very bad thing.The market is FLOODED with buyers that would undercut someone by a penny if it meant they could make a profit.That is just business.There are buyers that will turn on you in a heartbeat.That is just business.There are buyers that will turn you in,call code enforcement,call EPA,call anyone that will listen.......you get the idea.You need to have every "i" dotted ,and every "t" crossed,prior to jumping into this pool.It is a slippery slope,lined with grease,and you have to climb it,just to make a small profit.
You can avoid most of this,if you stay small.Look for free computers anywhere you can.Take up collections,place ads on craigslist,take out an ad in a local advertising paper,pass out cards,flyers,whatever you can.But I would avoid using certains words and phrases like "we",or "big 18 wheeler".I am not trying to be mean or rude,and if it sounds that way,I am sorry.I am trying to put this into perspective for you.

I gotcha mic. I will leave this thread now as I feel there is more criticism and people going on about details than people actually ready to sell lbs or tons of scrap. Good luck to you all, thought this would be a good place to place an ad for scrap. The company I work for is private and there is no reason to give out all kinds of details when I am not making a deal with each and every one of you. Have a good Christmas and New Year.

Back