• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nitric acid in NE Oklahoma

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreworange

I live in fort gibson, Oklahoma. I'm looking for strong nitric. I am having a hard time finding concentrated sulfuric to make my own. Anyone around NE Oklahoma please PM me..thank you and have a great day..

andreworange said:
I live in fort gibson, Oklahoma. I'm looking for strong nitric. I am having a hard time finding concentrated sulfuric to make my own. Anyone around NE Oklahoma please PM me..thank you and have a great day..

Hardware stores sell drain cleaner that is 96-98% sulfuric.
True value, lowes, etc..

Online vendors sell nitric and deliver it to your doorstep

I have never dealt with them but you might try Pryor Chemical Company in Pryor Ok. I know very little about them other than my Son told me about them a year or so back.

You can concentrate you own sulfuric from battery acid. Battery acid is approximately 30% sulfuric and 70% water. I use a crock pot on low heat for a few hours. It evaporates off the excess water leaving you with as concentrated as you will get outside of extreme lab conditions.

Some people successfully use the drain cleaner sulfuric but some brands have weird additives or modifiers in them. Depending on it's purpose that may be a problem, or not.

edit; correct bad grammer

rickbb said:
Some people successfully use the drain cleaner sulfuric but some brands have weird additives or modifiers in them. Depending on it's purpose that may be a problem, or not.

I cant remember what kind it was I initially got that had the pink hue to it. I believe it was an inhibitor or a pH indicator.

Rooto.
Thats what I use now, love it. And if you have an Ace hardware/True value then they carry it.
As well as cheap ($5 HCl), cheap sodium hydroxide, and sulfamic acid.

You may want to stagger your chem purchasing though, as *anyone* buying bulk chemicals must surely be cooking dope.. :shock:

Thank you everyone for their replies..i can confirm that ace hardware / true value does have several need chemical. Concentrated sulfuric, bondie stump remover ( SMB 100%), sulfamic acid and $5 HCL. Awesome place and close to my house. Just got in 10 pounds of laptop ram. Almost all of it had small bga chips. I have gotten over a kg so far...can't wait to see the button. And the goldfingers off 10 pounds of laptop ram yielded 230g close cut fingers. They are in copper 2 chloride now. Thank you all again for this wonderful place. 2 years reading and I'm still learning everyday.

Edit 320g gold fingers. Got the numbers reversed
Sorry

Back