• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

looking for BGA chips for processing

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mls26cwru

Supporting Member
I know that most people here process these chips themselves, but I figured I would throw this out there to see if there is any interest.

It has been a bit slow refining recently, so I figured I would check to see if anyone has any BGA chips they would like to sell or don't want to process themselves. I have been processing these chips pretty steadily for the last couple years, so I am always looking for more sources/contacts. If anyone is interested, shoot me a message for a price (I would be happy to post my current price, but don't know if everyone would welcome that or not... i don't want to step on any toes!).

Payments are by PayPal (unless we are talking hundreds of pounds :p), and I am based out of Ohio if it makes a difference.

Thanks everyone,
Mike

8b1a4d_99bb5f0dc5e94051b5a0c9cd3cf38e4a~mv2.jpg

Some members prefer to keep their prices secret, some don't. Feel free to advertise your prices if you want to do it.

Just don't take it personally if we start to discuss the pricing, this is after all a discussion forum. :D
... and everyone have their own opinion of pricing scrap, both sellers and buyers.

I'm just trying to say that there are no forum rules against posting prices and personally I find it interesting.

Göran

I had been letting these go with the boards, but if the price is high enough maybe I should start removing them and holding on to a few pounds.

rickbb said:
I had been letting these go with the boards, but if the price is high enough maybe I should start removing them and holding on to a few pounds.

He buys quite a few things. Here's his price list, although I don't know how current it is.

https://www.scrapcomputerchipbuyer.com/current-prices

rickbb said:

Can you still sell the boards for the same price sans BGA's?

still current-ish... I built in a little wiggle room to allow for price fluctuations on the listings on the website, but they are still within the range. if you have a batch you would like to get a quote on, shoot me a PM!

M

denim said:
rickbb said:

Can you still sell the boards for the same price sans BGA's?

I'm sure the board price would drop with chips removed, but I'd have to compare whole boards vs. just the chips to see which would yeild the best return.

The places I have sold to would reject the whole load/box/gaylord of boards if they saw I was removing chips. I doubt they have a price in mind for boards without bga's. You might do well with small boards that have only one bga and not much else for weight, but it would be a shame to ruin a heavier board by removing a bga, if that board would have sold for more with the bga. It's a conundrum isn't it. I have a hard time getting any decent prices for boards these days but by the same token my time to depopulate is worth much to me. I am just glad my day job is good and that I don't have to support myself with e-waste recycling. I would starve otherwise.

Back