ripped off

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seaslush

Can I get some information about the person or persons that wrote up the E Refinerss Gold Mining Guide.

I want to use it in a court case and I need proof that it was written by a professional or experienced person in the E scrap field.

You can format the info the same as a resume or cv

I am a little guy getting screwed by the big guys.

Thank you

Carl

I don't think he (Victorz) has been on the forum since 2012.

If you post your problem, maybe you will get some advice.

I am extremely interested in hearing the details of this alleged scam. Maybe there is something that you are not seeing, that someone else may be able to point out to you. Please regale us with the your story.
Johnny

I will give the whole experience in detail, This will help the others form getting into the same situation.

I have learned not to reply while enjoying a beverage or two - so I will continue the experience when sober..

sunday or monday I will continue

thanks for you patience.

"I have learned not to reply while enjoying a beverage or two - so I will continue the experience when sober.."

Really good idea. Many have been foolish to post whilst imbibing and rued their decision later. I used to drink, many times too heavily, and the confidence that alcohol gave me astounds me to this day.

edited for punctuation

lol , thats bring back memory. it sound like you find the infamus list of cpu with average gold content. then bought a bunch on ebay and then not get the average expected... it that it?

ericrm said:
lol , thats bring back memory. it sound like you find the infamus list of cpu with average gold content. then bought a bunch on ebay and then not get the average expected... it that it?

That's what I thought too.

Here is the whole story.
13 years working at a scrap yard and bringing home e waste.

Took it all to GRC in Brampton Ontario where they weighed and took pictures of all 6 commodities, then mixed it all up. Ended up with 167 lbs of high grade e waste (high grade because of old industrial and commercial electronics as well as old computers).

4 weeks later they gave me a receipt and a check for 2.7 ounces of gold. On the receipt the total weight processed was 181 lbs of material.

I asked for my material back and they did send me the same material back (I paid shipping) striped of gold, but only 151 lbs. Here is the breakdown of the returned material

53 lbs of pins and connectors
15 lbs of trimmed fingers
44 lbs of printed circuit boards
32 lbs of cpu 20 lbs high grade 12 lbs low grade
7 lbs of misalliances
This includes 5 lbs of gold plate contact points

Before I sent my material out, I did my own stripping of fingers using AP and refined it with vinegar and bleach and I got 1 ounce of gold with only 10 lbs fingers.(checked purity with the companies spectrometer 98%)
This tells me that there is more then 2.7 ounces in 167 lbs.

When I use the Gold Mining Guide I should have lot more than 2.7 ounces.

And they advertise that they will do 3 assays - they didn’t do it because this way they destroyed the evidence. Now I have to prove that there was more then 2.7 ounces to the court. The Gold Mining Guide would work as evidence if the author was qualified in the gold field. Or if I can get any person that is qualified in the gold reclaiming business to state their qualifications on paper and that there is more then 2.7 ounces in 167 lbs of e scrap - NOT HOW MUCH but that there is more then 2.7 ounces.

I will have to come up with an average ( like an assay ) using the guide later.

So some guy writes a guide with pretty pictures of unverifiable information or unconfirmed facts, and the author would not even sign his name on the document and you wish to take, His word or paper to court, or trade gold based on something you found on the internet, written by you do not know who???

I cannot say anything about the refiner, he could be an honest man or a good liar.

It has been my experience that people generally always see more gold than they are actually holding, and if they see or believe there is more than there is, it could be impossible to convince them or make them see any different.

In my opinion, the document is worth the paper, and that is about it.

I can see how arguing with a judge that you dissolved the same kind of hazardous electronic trash yourself from the information you got from some youtube video on beginners guide to a gold recipe using normal safe kitchen vinegar and your wife's safe brand of lemon-scented laundry bleach and how you were successful in recovering and refining more pure gold than a professional refinery was able to???

Palladium said:
As a great man use to once say: "The refiner is the last liar."
That was one of my favorite sayings from him. Years ago we had been talking one night on the phone, about a person from the forum that had scammed my wife and I out of a lot of money and he said "The only thing that separates an honest man from a dishonest man, is time." I told him that as an honest man I didn't necessarily believe that. What he said next was nothing short of profound. He said "Take an honest man and put him in the right opportunity for long enough time, and he'll make a dishonest decision. If he hasn't made a dishonest decision his whole life......then it either wasn't the right opportunity, or it hasn't been long enough"

seaslush said:
Here is the whole story.
When I use the Gold Mining Guide I should have lot more than 2.7 ounces.
I will have to come up with an average ( like an assay ) using the guide later.
There are multiple things that sound wrong with that story. At this early stage, and not having more information about what transpired, I wouldn't feel comfortable giving any advice, or attaching my name to any recommendations.
But I can say with a clear conscience, there is quite a bit that sounds wrong with the story.

I do however want to say two things.
#1: Did they only payout on the gold?
#2: You may want to be very careful where you tread at this point, because you could find yourself on the wrong end of an investigation and lawsuit from the government, should they find any wrongdoing on your part during the processing of that material. And with all of the mass hysteria about global warming these days, it could very well happen. Not to mention you could inadvertently bring negative attention to the forum and members. Not saying any of those things would happen, but it's something you have to know is a possibility.

There really isn't enough information from your descriptions for any of us to make a reasoned judgment call as to the possible yield.

The type of products you have listed with the possible exception of the trimmed fingers have an enormous range in yields and proper pictures would help a great deal.

I've run some calculations based upon different first hand experiences using the types and grades that comply with your descriptions and in the best case scenario the payout was incredibly low, however in the worst case scenario it's very generous.

Jon

You did get the material back? So they only stripped visible gold?
In that case you got a whole lot of your gold back, it's just hidden inside your components.

Looking at their homepage it looks like GRC only works with carat gold so they were probably not the best to deal with electronic scrap.

Göran

I agree with J5 in that something doesn't sound quite right about all of this. The thing that stood out to me most was why at the very least didn't seaslush process the 15 lbs of gold fingers himself? He claimed he previously processed 10 pounds and got an ounce (sounds like a very high yield btw). Why not process an additional 15 pounds yourself and have that gold in hand immediately? And I'll be straight saying this. Following that guide is a colossal mistake. There will be no way to prove the gold quantity held in your scrap unless you have manufacturers' specs for each and every gold bearing component in your scrap.

A couple questions..

How much did you pay for all this material?

How much did they charge to refine it for you?

How much do you think you should have gotten, and how did you separate the material going in to the refinery?

How much do you think you should be paying for an expert witness testimony?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seaslush said:
Here is the whole story.
13 years working at a scrap yard and bringing home e waste.

did you just pick it up on the iron pile? from old electronics and stuff because at the scrap yard i was going this is what guys did... so getting 5500$ for free dosent sound like a big loss to me...

butcher
so this document will be a dead end in court…do you know of any other documents that might help with this situation.

Not keeping his word on assays (fraud) and not being able to balance the weights indicates poor liar to me.

When I can get one ounce from ten lbs and they can only get 2.7 from 167 lbs - something is wrong somewhere. Maybe they put the decibel point in the wrong place. When he weighed the relay contacts he also did a quick check on one contact and got a 6% reading then mixed all the commodities together.

You have to remember that a lot of the scrap was from industrial machinery built in the sixties.
There would be no arguing with the judge just an education on do it yourself refining.

Johnny5
only the gold
The only thing I have to watch is the disposal of hydrochloric acid. Bleach Peroxide and Vinegar are not hazardous waste. This forum covers this.

anachronism
I do need a person that recycles e scrap. He should be able to compare his yields of material to my materials. Averages, just the same as an assay.

g_axelsson

Yes I got the material back and a lot of the thicker plated components still have some gold on them. They also missed opening the ceramic cpus.

Back