Warren Buffett makes unexpected bet on gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IDK, Buffet's quote from the story about buying 10,000 dollars worth of gold in 1942..... saying today you'd still have just 300 ounces of gold.... but it would be worth 600,600.00 in today's market. No the world's greatest investment, but a fairly good one.

silversaddle1 said:
IDK, Buffet's quote from the story about buying 10,000 dollars worth of gold in 1942..... saying today you'd still have just 300 ounces of gold.... but it would be worth 600,600.00 in today's market. No the world's greatest investment, but a fairly good one.

Yes , , , I found that comment of his to be very misleading. He didn't give a factual comparison. It was slanted to make gold still look bad as an investment.

James

I think the point he was making is that investing in companies will eventually lead to those companies expanding thus increasing your profit in that company faster than the rate at which gold will increase in value. Therefore investing in companies is a faster way to grow your money. Of course you also risk losing money where gold has and will increase in value over the long haul. I think he may have anticipated the growth of gold because of the current situation and my belief is that he will soon will move some money back into his normal investment strategies.

jarlowski1 said:
I think the point he was making is that investing in companies will eventually lead to those companies expanding thus increasing your profit in that company faster than the rate at which gold will increase in value. Therefore investing in companies is a faster way to grow your money. Of course you also risk losing money where gold has and will increase in value over the long haul. I think he may have anticipated the growth of gold because of the current situation and my belief is that he will soon will move some money back into his normal investment strategies.

"Therefore investing in companies is a faster way to grow your money."

Maybe.

But, most, if not all, companies are run by fallible human beings who are prone to self-aggrandizing, self-interests and human fallacies.

Gold is a fundamental physical element that all humans over our history have found valuable. It exists as it is and doesn't require a vacation or ego strokes.

Peace and health,
James

Back