Connectors taking extra long!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Studio721

Hey guys! Not sure if you are familiar with Juul pods, it’s a pod that goes on top of a disposable cigarette. These pods have trace amounts of gold on the bottom connection side. I run my chemical wash the same way I would any other material I’m extracting that day. For some reason the solution I always use, is having a tough time with these pods, while it is working...I’m noticing after 48 hours hardly any significant impact is being made. With this same solution come the 48 mark my materials are pretty much always ready for extracting. Any ideas on why this particular material is resisting the acid wash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Details please!

If you are expecting an answer you have to give us details, we can't read your mind so how could we answer what isn't working.

Göran

Are these what you're referring too... I just skipped to the middle (1:10) of the vid for a close up.

https://youtu.be/mltkGA7pnoI

Assuming you are using AP, if items are fully plated, scratching the gold layer with a knife a couple times exposes the copper to the AP and speeds things up.

I'm assuming by "chemical wash" you mean you are stripping gold plate using cyanide or eco-goldex. One reason could be that it's not really gold. There is a copper based gilding that looks like gold but actually contains no gold at all.

Back