Metal prices.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickvc

Staff member
It seems to me that the western markets seem very keen to depress the prices but when the eastern markets open the prices rise, wonder who to believe in this scenario :shock:
Do I think people are trying to manipulate the market.....

"Think" they are?
They just are.

Something "smells" like we will soon see big changes in the metals and the markets.
We have already seen a difference in the toilet paper market, but something makes me believe this is not the last disruption or discussion over the paper.

Something tells me to "think" that those holding onto at least some of the metals, and has at least some education of these metals, will be glad they did.

I have been a bit baffled at times.
For the most of the time I follow the Rhodium and Palladium prices.
The price may have been stable for days, and during the night it has dropped or climbed substantially.
Even when I thought the marked was closed, which has led me to wonder about when the marked opens and closes.
Obviously these events happen around closing or opening times.

So:
When does Kitco actually open and when do it close?
Is this time zone dependent?
Just curious :)

Banks of countries selling off gold reserves hoping to keep their paper and stock Ponzi schemes looking like they still hold value, creating low physical gold prices and keeping the wool over the population's eyes, how big will the balloon get, how much more worthless will our paper get, we used to carry our money in our pocket, we will soon need a wheel-borrow to take enough paper money to the town to buy a piece of bread.

Those who do not learn from their mistakes or failures will repeat them.

And now the "conservative" banks buy virtual money coordinatively with our money, so even if it is another mistake, it will be thrown on us. If not, the gain is theirs

nickvc said:
Do I think people are trying to manipulate the market.....

No - they would never do that would they - after all they have our best interest at heart - don't they :lol: :lol: :shock: :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

Kurt

Yeah, well, just try to sell Rh these days... No broker wants to touch it. Talking about manipulation, in the last 8 months or so I see Rh jumping from 1k to 12k, and now in the last 48hrs 26800 ask... crazy...

Part of the liquidity issue with Rh is the fact that the line to get outturn on useable physical product that can be put into autocatalyst (chlororhodic acid) is very long. This makes it take a long time to get paid on Rh and a lot of downside risk on assay...

Lou said:
Part of the liquidity issue with Rh is the fact that the line to get outturn on useable physical product that can be put into autocatalyst (chlororhodic acid) is very long. This makes it take a long time to get paid on Rh and a lot of downside risk on assay...

I get that, but do you think this commodity is manipulated on top?

I just can't figure it out? Those who create problems are the very ones who come to solve the problem (but never seem to find a real solution), seems those creating problems or those creating so much debt are those who are profiting now or those who plan on profit soon from that debt, or those who buy and sell our debt.
The solutions to the problems become the problems :?: :?

kinda reminds me of the bully or that kid learned early how to get the other kids lunch-money (or the gold they needed to be able to eat their lunches).
Looks like some of these kids are trying to get all of the marbles.

Metals well they are rare, man has always found the metals useful and thus hold value, it has always held good value as an exchange for goods and always will, metals are key to our survival, our security, metals in a way are power, as well can help to generate power as well as wealth, or help to feed your family during troubled times, or can help to keep a country afloat...

Educate yourself as much as you can about these metals (not just how to dissolve them in some kind of fuming magic royal water) but their historical and possible true value, (not only in dollars but for many uses)in these times the more we understand about the metal the more useful they will be to us.

butcher said:
Metals well they are rare, man has always found the metals useful and thus hold value, it has always held good value as an exchange for goods and always will, metals are key to our survival, our security, metals in a way are power, as well can help to generate power as well as wealth, or help to feed your family during troubled times, or can help to keep a country afloat...

per the underlined - In the past (including very recent/current past) that has been true - gold/silver as an investment has always been a "hedge" against inflation - holding some - long term has always been a sure bet because long term inflation has always been a sure thing so it has always been a "go to" for big money players as a hedge against inflation

There is a new player in town - its crypto currency - we are headed for a HUDGE amount of inflation - but the big money players are not "going to" gold/silver - they are "going to" crypto currency

If big money goes to (invests in) crypto - "instead" of gold/silver then the market on gold/silver doesn't move so they can hold (manipulate) the value "down"

That's why (at least in part) why - even though inflation is already upon us (& JUST getting started) gold & silver is actually going down when it should be going up

But hang on to your gold & silver - it is going to go up - it just likely not going to keep pace with inflation like it used to --- with crypto now in the game - gold/silver is likely to become less of an investment to hedge against inflation & more of just another commodity

At least that is the way FOX Business News has been telling the story lately

Kurt

Recently my metal investment has been in brass/lead :wink: :mrgreen:

Buying as many pounds as I can every two weeks when I get my pay check

Kurt

Glad to hear you can even find that.

Talk about ROI...if I had purchased brass and lead in fabricated, useful form a few years/administrations' back I'd be RICH!

kurtak said:
Recently my metal investment has been in brass/lead :wink: :mrgreen:

Buying as many pounds as I can every two weeks when I get my pay check

Kurt

Brass has been good to me. Made a huge payout sitting on aluminum and buying dirt cheap in the last year. Aluminum back up made my year... There is a good window now for brasses and coppers, scrap prices are still decent while the commodity is at high prices. Hope the market stays strong for a couple months in order to milk it a bit more...

Copper sure is doing good

30 day copper has gone from $3.75 - $4.10 - that's up 35 cents

60 day is up from $3.55 = up 65 cents

6 month its up about a dollar

1 year its up about $ 2

My 500 pound stash of copper is looking really good right now considering I paid nothing for it in the first place :mrgreen:

And I don't think the up trend is over --- they are going to need a LOT of it to build the "New Green Deal" infrastructure

Kurt

The big players may be investing in computer currency, but I do not see that much different than I see fiat, or stock currency's, or any other " so-called money" the big guys may be able to move their wealth, they may be able to get theirs out of the bank as soon as they are beginning to shut the bank's doors while the poor man may not be able to get his fiat, cash, stock. or bitcoins when those doors close.

I have to admit I do not know anything about crypto, or stocks, it may be a great gamble if you are good at that game, or Know as the poker player said as long you know when to hold 'em, and know when to fold 'em

Big boys would point me to stock and fiat gold along with the bitcoin dollars, they may be able to cash in on that game, but I will not gamble on it.

I say if you have played the cards and have money on the table in bitcoins, cashing in now and buying elemental gold or silver or even copper may be a good investment, just my personal belief that the bitcoin will not float any more than the Venezuela new currency will in the future, or much like any other world currency has a limited lifespan.

Something tells me all the big boys are trying to pull the wool over our eyes so we cannot see the glimmer of elemental gold atoms.
I hear Venezuela, is also coming up with a new better currency too.

If it is not elemental or backed by something real, then how real is it?

I think I will trust in the elements of the earth (atoms of pure elemental gold), as an elemental element, a man in all of his work or study of this element or basic atom found on earth and all of his science and study cannot duplicate the properties of gold or silver, the same holds true with many of the metals.

Gold silver and copper being very unreactive elements could be found by the first men on earth soon after he started using rocks for tools, it was valuable to him who had this metal as a useful tool, and was wanted by others who could use it as a tool or as a commodity or as a valuable item for trade, the man who had a copper axe then he had something of the true value a metal which would hold its wealth be used to barter, something others needed or could use.

Today that cave mans gold or the copper axe will still be useful and hold value since that first caveman used his gold or his copper axe for "Money" a well as a useful trade or commodity itself to make other tools, No other money has held the value throughout mans history as these metals we can hold today or will be worth in the future, all other currencies have failed, and history repeats.

Elemental metal, elemental atoms from the earth, salts of this earth, rare, hard to get, taking a lot of labor or work to get, always have been a good way for man to store his work ( his wealth or labor) tangible and real, trade items, extremely useful to man and his progress, has always been a form of value or trade for others work or commodities.

These metal atoms not only make up our tools but also function as medicine and will always hold your wealth or your labor.

Gamble as you will, I am gonna bet on the atoms of these metals, they were here in the beginning and will be here in the end with a proven history to help mankind, I am figuring they will still be worth something tomorrow, I cannot say I believe that about any other kind of " money" or bitcoins.

Maybe it is just me if I cannot hold in my hand and see it, and know it to show from my own experience to be useful and hold value, and be of something I can trust, have available when needed then, and have some understanding of, I cannot see putting my labor or future, or use to store hard-earned wealth or security into such as the Venezuelan dollar or the bitcoin.

Just my two copper slugs

Richard I’m like you I do not fully understand crypto but one thing I watched told me it’s based on currencies, dollars, pounds or euros so to me it seems just as much a risk as holding fiat in any other form, it’s a gamble as you said if you can jump ship when you need or want to I guess fine but what do you put that paper into to ensure you have something of value for the future, for me certainly not paper metals.

Back