Hey Guys!!! Long time no see:)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachello

Hope all is well! Wrote you a poem...be nice don’t laugh :lol:

ALAS THE NUGGET DOES TRUMPET.
Along the path of fame.
Who’s steely eyes go blind,
But maybe also insane.
Yet the Golden glory is far, far to attain.
And someone else always to blame.
It’s Golden fire is fury.
It lurked in our desire.
Like Cranes,
we buried our heads in the muck and the mire.
It made fools of us all.
Until you find your mind,
And when you hear that Golden call;
It’s the call to acquire.
It deafened all the weak.
It killed all the meek.
Only the strong can respire.
Once you hear the trumpet blast,
You’re worthy of it’s Golden cast.
Put that black coal on your fire.
For now you just might be a Refiner.
RL

Thanks! It’s good to be back. My daughter Solara was diagnosed with leukemia @ 4 yrs old & after a long rocky road & a couple hard years, we are once again looking & living on the upside of life😁 Trying to get back into a normal rhythm, I immediately migrated back to the forum🧐. Got to love it & none of us can stay away forever!
RL

As you guys know I have many patents. Over the years I have collected so much information (Predominantly US based).
I have a wealth of knowledge and many supporting professionals (my Ma, Sr Scientist, chemist, patent infringement attorney, she has 23 patents for inventions herself; my step dad the engineer who now has a carbon fiber production Plant, and my Dad the navy seal who does deep sea recovery & who himself patented a solution to help prevent Alpha, beta, gamma and neutron radiation during extended hours underwater at the power plants while preforming nuclear underwater cleaning at Ginna.
I think we should start a new article in “Processes” on patents. How to get them, the laws around them, how to protect your inventions etc.
I think that if everyone knew how to do it for very little $$ than everyone would.
I don’t mind writing what I know & the ins and outs and problems I have overcome over the years. Patent law changes constantly & you guys can fact check what I write to death before I post.
I think so many of us have so many great ideas that are lost to us. With refining, we push our limits and we create a process, than we should own it for nothing (or almost).
Send me some feedback on your thoughts on the topic.
RL

Kudos to you. Was a lot of work getting the one I got, and money of course. Got shot down on some other stuff post Alice law.

Lino1406,
Patent law is a very complex subject. Which is why we pay so much money to have a lawyer do it for us.
The laws pertaining to patents are different in every country over the entire world & are also adjusted & changing constantly depending on the type of patent you need.
As in every aspect of law, it is a very finicky process to manage and navigate.
While we spend so much time researching refining techniques & technology & every aspect thereof, it is hard to find the time to research an entire new field. Another reason why we pay exorbitant amounts of $ to do so.
There are many options to patent “on the cheap” including “patent pending” licenses and many others that are much more inexpensive to purchase.
All have a time limit of expiration no matter what type of patent you are paying for.
Saying this you have other options available to you once you have a “limited” patent in the process....these are usually complex but involve the aggressive disassembly of the “process” or “equipment” that you are patenting into much smaller processes.
Rachel

I'm glad things are back on track for you and your family.

About your thoughts on patents.. alhough I understand the use and value of patents, the best thing about this forum is the free sharing of knowledge and people working together to help develop new processes and improve on existing ones. If everybody changed to locking away that information and closely gaurding all the secrets this forum will cease to exist in the form it is. I hope it never happens.
That said, I'm sure some people would find the information on patents useful.

I wish you all the best for the future

Cheers Wal

Hi Wal,

About your thoughts on patents
I strongly believe that many people on this forum have ideas and inventions worthy of our cause.

Now I have before and would always in the future, protect anything & everything I thought I created to be original. Mostly in fear someone might take my ideas & make it theirs’.

I believe that many people who access this forum have created processes that we could all grow from. Yet we know nothing about them.

This might just be due to the common misconception that patents are expensive.

Yet letting someone else absorb your epiphany as their own is incomprehensible. So many people in the face of discovery, are loathsome to share that discovery Until it actually belongs to them. (Patent Law & Statistics 1987)

I believe this is in part because patent law is confusing. Yet also due to human nature to protect what we create. Many people believe it to be too expensive and not worth the effort. Therefore those people “hidey-hole” their discoveries, rather than share them.

When we are all refining we don’t have the time or man-power to research an entire new field. Aka Patent Law.

Rather than relate a new inventive process, it is hoarded before it is stolen.

If we could patent our ideas & therefore own them for (almost) free, I believe the flow of information would surge.

So many new inventions & inventive processes would come out of the woodwork.

As a side note most patent infringement laws DO NOT relate to the private sectors ( which most of us are). Only cooperate infringement &/or use without a license in the cooperate sector is actually punishable.

RL

Someone is in title to share or exploit his personal invention to the maximum imo.

The problem is, does an invention serve the greater good and should be made public, or does it give a company or a nation an edge in competetiveness?

I think patents are a cancer to this world in regarding pharmaceuticals and other things. Where essential medicine is no longer produced because there's no more profit to be made. Or the cancer symptom fighting mega multi-billion buisiness. And people are suffering because of it. But hey! Gotta keep those stockholders stuffed! It's like making profit on the misery of your neighbors.
The more sick, the more profit.. hey! lets create a pandemic! Moneyyyyy!!!!
Makes me sick. :evil:

Now i need some coffee... :lol:

Back on topic...

This forum is all about free info based on free available science. These patents are all expired as far as I know.
We only guide new members through these known and very well described processes here on the GRF gem.
Every now and then the proffesors here enlighten and confuse us with some high level science and we realize how little we have learned, but it's all here to read as far as i know. So to say we know nothing about them intrigues me.

Which inventions of members were you referring to?

Martijn.

Back