I bought some jewelry last weekend.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberdan

Two and a half years ago I bought a pile of jewelry. 234 pounds to be exact for $40 and a few weeks later 76 pounds for $177.00. Notice the price keeps going up. The 234 lbs was at a yard sale, but i knew she had more. To make a long story short I tracked her down and then I had to negotiate with her father-in-law (who I knew sold used cars at one time) That is why the price went up. When I left his house he told me he had a lot more that he might sell "someday" Well every 6-8 months I would send a note and got a "not yet" Well out of the blue last week he said he was moving and wanted to sell. But he didn't know how much he had. I bought about 2/3 of what he had. He wanted too much for everything.

This is what I just bought 210 pounds of junk jewelry.
797877027_o.jpg

797877022_o.jpg

797877015_o.jpg

PS on the 310 lbs I pulled out a lot of karat gold, 925 and GF.

Looks like you got your money back and a gold mine at the same time. That'll keep you busy for some time.

Nice lot.

Kevin

That's insane...not you buying it, but someone hoarding that much up. Processing that , wow, , well I have no words.

Wait I know how! rent a wood chipper. :lol:

210 pounds? That is around 100kg :shock:
Very nice deal although plated scrap is most of the time dissapointing, still you should get a lot of gold from it. Are you using the sufuric cell?

If you have enough plated stuff and get it cheap enough it can pay off.
I have a client who contacted me awhile back with a great find.
He bought 4 55 gallon drums weighing about 4,000 lbs at an auction sight unseen and when he opened the drums this is what he found! These rings were made as part of a promotion for the movie Lord Of The Rings and handed out at theaters when you bought a ticket.

My precious! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The yield on them are 1 gram per 5 lbs of materials.
That's roughly 800 grams of gold at a value of $32,000 that was bought for $2,800!

Anyone care to guess the processing method?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 209
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 209
Palladium said:
If you have enough plated stuff and get it cheap enough it can pay off.
I have a client who contacted me awhile back with a great find.
He bought 4 55 gallon drums weighing about 4,000 lbs at an auction sight unseen and when he opened the drums this is what he found! These rings were made as part of a promotion for the movie Lord Of The Rings and handed out at theaters when you bought a ticket.

My precious! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The yield on them are 1 gram per 5 lbs of materials.
That's roughly 800 grams of gold at a value of $32,000 that was bought for $2,800!

Anyone care to guess the processing method?

:shock: --- 8) 8) 8)

What's the base metal ?

If it's copper or brass then there is a good size bonus on top of the gold recovery - that alone would more then cover the original buy :D

Cyanide leach.

Agreed :!:

Kurt

Back