Nice Plessey chips

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JensJ

Found these Plessey chips on some older GPS receiver modules. I carefully tried to desolder them but unfortunetely the cement holding the pins disintegrated. So instead i got the opportunity to take a peek at the inside. The chip is is really amazing and look at these thick bonding wires, I think they can be turned into a nice little baby :)

Attachments

• Plessey2.jpg
    Plessey2.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 276
  • P1120003.JPG
    P1120003.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 276
goldsilverpro said:
A troy oz of the thickest gold bonding wire I've ever heard of, .001", would be about 2 miles, or 3.3 km long

He did say "a nice little baby". :lol:

We will still be able to see it nice and clear though, from his expertise in the macro photography department. :)

JensJ said:
Found these Plessey chips on some older GPS receiver modules. I carefully tried to desolder them but unfortunetely the cement holding the pins disintegrated. So instead i got the opportunity to take a peek at the inside. The chip is is really amazing and look at these thick bonding wires, I think they can be turned into a nice little baby :)

What made you think they were from Plessey? Those chips have Rockwell logos on them.

Macfixer01

Rockwell made several chip types that have an internal gold plated trace circuit board similar to the one in the picture, even in plastic packages. I have a bunch of their PLCC 56k modem chips I’m hoping to process some day.

Macfixer01

Back