Greetings

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mudville9

My name is Dave and I have been employed in the precious metals refining industry for a number of years.Large scale refining allows for equipment and a scale of operation that would be impossible for most hobbyists or at-home refiners to consider. Nevertheless, I continue to be amazed by the depth of knowledge and expertise of so many of the members on this forum. I hope the members appreciate what a valuable resource you have here. I have read posts that sometimes asks what the "big refiners" do and I can honestly say that in most cases, the ideas and discussions found on this board are more advanced than the tried and true methods of most refineries. I am neither an expert or a chemist, but I have likely learned as much from this forum as I have from work. Keep up the great work!

Thank you for the kind words toward the board sir. The mission statement of the forum is to educate, innovate, and sometimes tolerate. :mrgreen:
Glad to have you!

Welcome Dave
yes im another Dave!

you may find some big refiners here, I dont know who here is the biggest or how long they have been going.

Many members from Metalor, JM, Heraeus, Tanaka, Aurubis, Vale, Glencore, Republic, Kaloti, Umicore, Boliden, Penoles, even some proud S Africans.

Recent post by Mudville made me remember. 85% of these working professionals just read...

End of the day, forum is still the best places for precious metals information online.

Dave,

Thank you for starting to contribute, There are many members here that work in the industry at a technical level who seem to only read, as Lou pointed out. One of the sad things about the refining industry is the secrecy that prevails because so many refiners think their methods are so absolutely unique that any utterance of details outside the hallowed walls of the refinery will cause their business to collapse. Fortunately we don't subscribe to that level of secrecy here.

I re-read the thread about the sodium formate where you posted your results and realized that was the first post I ever made on this forum when I was only here for a couple of hours. I thought I came here with a thorough understanding of refining and I am still amazed how much I was able to learn from this forum. Not so much the chemical principles, but the practical principles that often outweigh the book learning and influence the way a process needs to be modified to succeed in the real world. Having input from so many members with such a diversity of backgrounds is something that even the largest corporations do not have the benefit of.

I hope you can continue to contribute without stepping on the toes of any non disclosure agreements your employer has in place.

Back