new member old lurker

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Miller

Hello. just wanted to say this is a fantastic site. Overwhelmed at the amount of information here. I"m just a tinkerer, following a whim. My chemistry is pretty poor, but i'm trying. Playing with green photo paper at the moment. Trying to make a bit of silver. Hope to use it for learning to cast a few things for my girls. Boilerman by trade, if ya see me running, better catch up!

Hello Rick, I'm an old boiler man also, and I like learning chemistry. When a question arises, I find that by finding the answer to my question, leads me to many more questions to find the answer's too, finding the answer to your one question and with fifty more questions to answer, before you know it you are able to understand the chemical reactions and then you will start talking like some gold refining forum Geek, spitting out formulas, and gaseous fumes.

Keep finding answers to your questions and stay safe, before you know it you will be casting silver for the Girls.

I have worked with many different boilers over the years, water tube and fire tube boilers, boilers fired on oil, diesel, coal, natural gas, and wood, boilers of both Low pressure and high-pressure steam.

Try beginning your quest for silver from the green photo paper, search post for the topic, with authors GSP, and Juan Manuel Arcos Frank.

Back