Hello from Denmark

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walcam

Hi Guys

I am new to scrapping, and have undetaken the scrapping project for 2 purposes only.
1, To get my 9 year old son to drop his phone and ipad and to do something with his dad (we both hate football and soccer)
2. to get a better understanding on chemestry for my son and me.

I have no plans to make any money on it, and this is just a hoppy project to have some fun and educate ourself :)

So i will most likely ask alot of stupid questions that you experts find trivial :) i hope you will assist us anyway :)

It would be a good idea to search the forum first... most questions you are going to have will have already been answered and generally easyily found.

Good luck with your endeavor.

Hello Walcam,

I think you will find this an educational and fun challenge, some of the chemistry is just amazing, and would make a great way to spend quality time with your son.

The only dumb questions are asked from those who are too lazy to study and learn for themselves any way, so giving them an answer would not help anyone, it would only lead to the next set of dumb questions.

There are no dumb questions from those which seek to further their knowledge and assist themselves in their research and their study, for these questions, help to guide and lead to more study and toward more educational questions and answers which helps us all further our understanding.

It is not the questions that are dumb.

I look forward to learning more in this very interesting field of study along with you and your son.
I will share what I learn, and you and your son can share what Y'all learn with the rest of us on the forum.

I would probably start with silver, making a salt water solution out of sterling silver, and then watching silver cement from a beautiful blue solution of copper nitrate, and melting the silver back to metal , then dissolving the silver into a clear nitrate solution, with a solution of silver as clear as water, now dissolve some table salt in water with the sodium metal solution also as clear as water, mixing the two water clear solutions we get a white solid silver salt... this is something I feel every father and son should enjoy together.

Back