Buyer needed for silver bars

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YLChen

Hi,

I'm looking for buyers for large amount(tons) of refined 99.99% silver bars. I've contacted some local dealers while their offer was not satisfactory. Thus I'm considering selling them to refiners. Can someone please give me some suggestions on refiners in California or large and reputable buyers in the U.S? Thank you!

PS: We deal with company not individual.

silversaddle1 said:
Ton of them huh? Do you sell bridges as well?

I think that if you knew the quantities of silver that people like GSP have refined, you'd understand that this very well could be a legitimate post. I reported the first post, posted in "for sale" with a similar remark as you made added to it. This is his second post....with Lou on it, it will get moved to Rogues Gallery if it isn't. I think Lou has probably been offered enough oceanfront property in Arizona to be able to protect himself.

This trade fiasco has made moving metals more difficult...people that normally had no problem selling metals to end users are now reaching for new outlets. I'm sure that with your involvement in scrap, you've heard that some forms of aluminum are almost unsellable right now. It's a mess. If the original poster is in fact a legitimate seller, I hope for the best for them to weather this.

If it's really in California and it's really legit, then I can point him to someone who consumes that much silver every week and make him happy.

Obviously, joining up and posting on the forum about having tons of silver without making an introduction doesn't lend much to credibility.

For future reference,

include a photo showing the brand, weight and size of the bars, and a sample assay with specific identifiers blacked out.

99,99 silver is 99,99 silver, but some applications need certain things to be in line. For instance, my buyer for silver hates dissolved oxygen, so all pure silver that I sell to them must not have more than a small amount of it. This means it has to be melted and cast a special way. Also, some buyers don't want 1000 oz bricks or don't want shot and don't want to have to melt it.

This guy clearly wants an end user not another refinery. There are end users out there who buy and use a lot of silver. Obviously a lot needs worked out. Much easier really to sell silver for a premium than gold in quantity!

Being as Lou has already jumped on this (& jonn as well) YLChen may well have already found what he is looking for

That said - just as another reference (refinery) - in California

David H. Fell & Co. Inc.
6009 Bandini Blvd.
City of Commerce CA 90040
Phone (323) 722 - 9992

Web site; - http://dhfco.com/

I personally have not done business with them but called & talked with them a couple months ago & they told me they would pay 95% if it was minimum $500 ozt (I am holding till silver goes up some more)

That said - I did a smelt for a friend a couple years ago with silver as the collector for gold & PGMs using around 3,500 ozt silver - he sent the dore in (Ag/Au/Pd/Pt/Rh) & was happy with the return

They are also recommended in Hank Chapmans book "How To Smelt Your Gold & Silver"

They have offices in Burlingame CA (Northern California) Phoenix AZ,Rio Rancho NM as well

I don't know - but they may well pay a premium on such a large lot

Kurt

Back