Tantalum Capacitor Scrap Purchasing -- International

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TantalumRecycle

We purchase all types of Tantalum Capacitors Scrap
Epoxy/Ceramic Capacitors - $24.45/Lb
SMD Capacitors -- $24/Lb
Hermetic Capacitors - $23.65/Lb
Wet Tantalum Capacitors - $50/Lb
Ag/Ta Capacitors - $75/Lb

We purchase all quantities small and large -

Tantalum Recycling
1701 NW 93rd Avenue
Doral, Florida 33172
T: 800.805.9150
E: [email protected]
W: http://www.tantalumrecycling.com

Attachments

• Ta Capacitor SMD Mixed B&Y.jpg
    Ta Capacitor SMD Mixed B&Y.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 2,146
  • Epoxy Colored Tantalum Capacitors (3).jpg
    Epoxy Colored Tantalum Capacitors (3).jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 2,148
  • Epoxy Leaded Capacitors.jpg
    Epoxy Leaded Capacitors.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 2,148
  • Tantalum Bullet Capacitors.jpg
    Tantalum Bullet Capacitors.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 2,145
  • Tantalum Yellow SMD Bulk.jpg
    Tantalum Yellow SMD Bulk.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 2,147

Tantalum Recycling
1701 NW 93rd Avenue
Doral, Florida 33172

Attachments

• Tantalum Black SMD Capacitors.jpg
    Tantalum Black SMD Capacitors.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 2,141
  • Tantalum Black SMD.jpg
    Tantalum Black SMD.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 2,139
  • Tantalum Capacitor yellow SMD.jpg
    Tantalum Capacitor yellow SMD.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 2,141
  • Tantalum Capacitors on Metal Reels.jpg
    Tantalum Capacitors on Metal Reels.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 2,141
  • Tantalum Reels.jpg
    Tantalum Reels.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 2,142
Could you show a picture of the Ag/Ta Capacitors?

Thanks for showing the different Ta Capacitors. I can just pile mine up and sort them accordingly, and sell them when I reach the lb+ limit on each of them.

Kevin

Please find attached pictures of different types of Silver Tantalum Capacitors -- I will provide more pictures in a follow up reply.

Ag/Ta Capacitors - $80/Lb

Tantalum Recycling
1701 NW 93rd Avenue
Doral, Florida 33172

Attachments

• Silver Tantalum Capacitors 4.jpg
    Silver Tantalum Capacitors 4.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 2,120
  • Silver Tantalum Capacitors 5.jpg
    Silver Tantalum Capacitors 5.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 2,118
  • Silver Tantalum Capacitors 6.jpg
    Silver Tantalum Capacitors 6.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 2,114
  • Silvers with Reds.jpg
    Silvers with Reds.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 2,114
  • Ta Tops Silver Bottoms 2.jpg
    Ta Tops Silver Bottoms 2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 2,118
testerman said:
Could you show a picture of the Ag/Ta Capacitors?

Thanks for showing the different Ta Capacitors. I can just pile mine up and sort them accordingly, and sell them when I reach the lb+ limit on each of them.

Kevin

More pictures of different types of Silver Tantalum Capacitors.

If you would like more information -- please email us and we would be able to help.

Tantalum Recycling
1701 NW 93rd Avenue
Doral, Florida 33172

Attachments

• Ta Tops Silver Bottoms.jpg
    Ta Tops Silver Bottoms.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 2,106
  • mixed wets and silver reds.jpg
    mixed wets and silver reds.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 2,107
  • TANTALUM Silver on Boards.jpg
    TANTALUM Silver on Boards.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 2,107
  • Tantalum Wets.jpg
    Tantalum Wets.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 2,106
  • Tantalum Wet Capacitors 2.jpg
    Tantalum Wet Capacitors 2.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 2,108
This happens to be (in my own opinion) the best chart/guide SHOWING the different Ta Capacitors. The thing I really like is that the captions for each picture explains what capacitor it is. This is worth bookmarking and (or) using this as a "Ta Capacitor's Guide & a Ta Capacitor's Yield Guide".

This thread really shed more light on these capacitors to me, along with the other thread(s) I read on them. This type of information is worth the foundation you can build on when dealing with components of all sorts.

Right now for myself, I would collect them and sell them. I'm not experienced enough to refine them at all. But knowing what they sell for, especially by the pound, makes the decision easy for a person to know it it's worth the time to collect them. But I know there is much to gain by keeping what can be sold for more as an item, and not part of scrap/junk boards.

Thanks again for the thread because now I have a better understanding of the different types, so sorting them should be a breeze.

Kevin

testerman said:
This happens to be (in my own opinion) the best chart/guide SHOWING the different Ta Capacitors. The thing I really like is that the captions for each picture explains what capacitor it is. This is worth bookmarking and (or) using this as a "Ta Capacitor's Guide & a Ta Capacitor's Yield Guide".

This thread really shed more light on these capacitors to me, along with the other thread(s) I read on them. This type of information is worth the foundation you can build on when dealing with components of all sorts.

Right now for myself, I would collect them and sell them. I'm not experienced enough to refine them at all. But knowing what they sell for, especially by the pound, makes the decision easy for a person to know it it's worth the time to collect them. But I know there is much to gain by keeping what can be sold for more as an item, and not part of scrap/junk boards.

Thanks again for the thread because now I have a better understanding of the different types, so sorting them should be a breeze.

Kevin

Thank you --- We are trying to familiarize everyone on what exactly they should be looking for, It will be easier for our company and everyone else in the near future.

Starting from the Left Corner ---

Capacitor 1 -- Hermetic / Axial /Radial Tantalum Capacitor
Capacitor 2 -- Tantalum Wet Capacitors -- Tantalum Cased Tantalum Capacitor (As you can see there is a RIVET on the top of the capacitor
Capacitor 3 -- Hermetic / Axial / Radial Tantalum Capacitor
Capacitor 4 -- Leaded / Tantalum Capacitor - We consider these in the same category as Tantalum SMD
Capacitor 5 -- Epoxy / Ceramic / Dipped Tantalum Capacitor
Capacitor 6 -- Epoxy / Ceramic / Dipped Tantalum Capacitor
Capacitor 7 -- Epoxy / Ceramic / Dipped Tantalum Capacitor
Capacitor 8 -- Epoxy / Ceramic / Dipped Tantalum Capacitor
Capacitor 9 -- Epoxy / Ceramic / Dipped Tantalum Capacitor
Capacitor 10 -- Leaded / Tantalum Capacitor -- We consider these in the same category as Tantalum SMD
Capacitor 11 -- Leaded / Tantalum Capacitor -- We consider these in the same category as Tantalum SMD
Capacitor 12 -- Tantalum SMD (Surface Mount Capacitor)
Capacitor 13 -- Tantalum SMD (Surface Mount Capacitor )
Capacitor 14 -- Tantalum SMD (Surface Mount Capacitor )

Tantalum Recycling Corp
1701 NW 93rd Avenue
Doral, Florida 33172 USA
W: www.tantalumrecycling.com

Attachments

• Different Types of Tantalum Capacitors 3.jpg
    Different Types of Tantalum Capacitors 3.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 2,067
to bad for small guys like me, it takes forever to get 5 lbs & can never find anyone in canada that buys them anyway.

i stopped pulling them a while ago. but this is $10.00 a pound more then i was getting before. maybe i will start pulling them again.

getting paid in U.S. dollars is good right now.

There is no tantalum capacitors on photo.
You have polyester and ceramic foil type capacitors.

It is easy to find out. Cut them open and if you see dark grey pallet, it is tantalum, if you see insulated aluminium foil it is not.

necromancer said:
to bad for small guys like me, it takes forever to get 5 lbs & can never find anyone in canada that buys them anyway.

i stopped pulling them a while ago. but this is $10.00 a pound more then i was getting before. maybe i will start pulling them again.

getting paid in U.S. dollars is good right now.

If you have absolutely any questions please feel free to contact us, We will work directly with you in figuring out exactly what you should be looking for.

TantalumRecycle said:
Thank you --- We are trying to familiarize everyone on what exactly they should be looking for, It will be easier for our company and everyone else in the near future.

Good business and management practices on your part.

Just out of curiosity if you don't mind me asking. I know you have to be shipping to a refiner or an upstream processor, but how are you finding the market to be as far as ease of finding a refiner to process the materials and are you happy with the rate of return? What would be your grips or complaints? The reason i ask is i have several clients who deal with silver oxide batteries and they have been facing more stringent market conditions not because of price, but the availability of refiners who will process that material and the ones who do will charge you dearly for it. Several have been shipping out of country to processors, but even doing it that way all your profit is just shifted from one evil to another. One runs so much material that it dictated he bring his processing in house and by doing so he has realized a 25% increase in bottom lines. Sorry this question only relates to the silver portion of your business.

Palladium said:
TantalumRecycle said:

Good business and management practices on your part.

Just out of curiosity if you don't mind me asking. I know you have to be shipping to a refiner or an upstream processor, but how are you finding the market to be as far as ease of finding a refiner to process the materials and are you happy with the rate of return? What would be your grips or complaints? The reason i ask is i have several clients who deal with silver oxide batteries and they have been facing more stringent market conditions not because of price, but the availability of refiners who will process that material and the ones who do will charge you dearly for it. Several have been shipping out of country to processors, but even doing it that way all your profit is just shifted from one evil to another. One runs so much material that it dictated he bring his processing in house and by doing so he has realized a 25% increase in bottom lines. Sorry this question only relates to the silver portion of your business.

We are the refiner --

We are a Tantalum Recycling Facility -- For the Silver we do process this in house and separate the acid as well.

I honestly am not sure about refiners, We do not refine Tantalum for outside customers and we do not pay based on the Tantalum Content level as we have found that the historical average in each type of Tantalum Capacitor is fully justifiable.
Rather then suppliers waiting two months for a scrap company to send to a refiner and they end up receiving less money then what we pay out right.

Our policy is to pay for the shipment on a per pound basis with in 5 Business days of delivery at our facility.

As this is obviously of a commercial nature I've moved your topic over to this forum and left a shadow topic in its place.

Thanks for the information. Another one of our members here has a great blog with lots of information on these types of materials.

I don't know if you guys are wet chemically processing Ta (you're probably not dissolving it).

On an unrelated note, I seem to remember processing some silver Ta caps and them being really good. Maybe that was back in 2011 when silver was expensive. What's the best yield you've seen on those?

Lou said:
As this is obviously of a commercial nature I've moved your topic over to this forum and left a shadow topic in its place.

Thanks for the information. Another one of our members here has a great blog with lots of information on these types of materials.

I don't know if you guys are wet chemically processing Ta (you're probably not dissolving it).

On an unrelated note, I seem to remember processing some silver Ta caps and them being really good. Maybe that was back in 2011 when silver was expensive. What's the best yield you've seen on those?

We are chemically processing the material as inside of Silver/Tantalum Capacitors there is an acid that takes up on average around 10% of the weight of the capacitor.
The yield on the Silvers equals out to about 31% Silver contained.

http://www.TantalumRecycling.com

Back