Toll refine

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich_2137

Hi all
Looking for a toll refiner in the east midland area? Nottinghamshire if possible I have around 16kg of ic from ram and a few kg of north and south bridges if I had the equipment to incinerate the chips inwould do it myself so if anyone could help that would be great?

Regards
Rich

Hi Rich

That's not for me and I'm racking my brains thinking who in the UK would do these that I know, and could recommend. Anyone else with any bright ideas?

Jon

No need to incinerate.
Use hammer to pre-crush them to get out bigger pieces of metal.
Then go to Argos and get cheap coffee grinder. The one for 15.99 will do just fine but if you can get some cheaper even better. Get like 3-4 of them as they tend not to last long but one should do few kilograms of IC just fine.
Have a fun.

I would gladly do it for you as toll job, unfortunately, I completely ran out of Nitric with no hope of getting some anytime soon.

patnor1011 said:
No need to incinerate.
Use hammer to pre-crush them to get out bigger pieces of metal.
Then go to Argos and get cheap coffee grinder. The one for 15.99 will do just fine but if you can get some cheaper even better. Get like 3-4 of them as they tend not to last long but one should do few kilograms of IC just fine.
Have a fun.

I would gladly do it for you as toll job, unfortunately, I completely ran out of Nitric with no hope of getting some anytime soon.

I used my wife's old coffee grinder once on some partially incinerated ICs :shock:

Worked great. But, as patnor said, it's not going to last long even on partially incinerated chips let alone whole unprocessed chips.

Be very careful with the dust. It generated a lot of very fine dust. Work outside and wear a pair of safety goggles and a good dust, not fume, mask. Also, I would turn on my portable Dirt Devil hand vacuum next to the grinder before popping it's hood just to catch any free-floating dust.

Best,
James

Back