a scrapper's jewelry sweeps

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markscomp

Supporting Member
while sorting and going thru old boxes I started to put the misc stuff in sorts where I thought the items belonged (finding some BGAs and sparc processor mesh (s) and tant caps)

here are a few pics of what I consider jewelry sweeps -- may have some brass in it (never checked) but a lot of it is from wireless cards, exterior wireless antennas, pins that came out during deconstruction and just random stuff

let me know if there are any ideas on what or how to deal with this ( there is way over 12 lbs now -- 2 to 3 yrs of just sitting in boxes or plastic containers never sorted)

BTW I am so sorry about pics - I use a mac for email and a win10 dell for work stuff and browsing
when I send a pic from my iPhone and transfer it thru my network to the dell the pics look straight up on my screen -- when I post the darn pics are always side ways -- I have tried rotating them and saving them w diff names but they post sideways -- this is getting annoying -- may have to set up mail on this dell also so that can grab pics and keep them straight

thanks
Mark

a scrapper's jewlery sweeps 3.jpg

scrapper's sweeps 2 3.jpg

scrapper's misc odd items maybe gold plated 3.jpg

markscomp said:
while sorting and going thru old boxes I started to put the misc stuff in sorts where I thought the items belonged (finding some BGAs and sparc processor mesh (s) and tant caps)

here are a few pics of what I consider jewelry sweeps -- may have some brass in it (never checked) but a lot of it is from wireless cards, exterior wireless antennas, pins that came out during deconstruction and just random stuff
Why would you call that jewelry sweeps? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but jewelry sweeps are jewelry sweeps, and ewaste is ewaste. We have a tough enough time with terminology without comments like that.

Dave

No need to change it now. When I respond to posts, it is for the benefit of the member I'm responding to as well as anyone who reads the thread in the future. It's a comment to everyone to be careful with their terminology.

It's similar to using terms like "mil spec", or "high grade" boards, or "telecom", etc. based on an items appearance. They can be misused to the point of becoming meaningless.

There's no harm done. It just gave me a moment to step up onto my soapbox for a teaching moment.

Dave

Back