India's Q4 gold imports to jump as investors seek safer bets than stocks

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmetal

Supporting Member
http://www.mining.com/web/indias-q4-gold-imports-jump-investors-seek-safer-bets-stocks/?utm_source=digest-en-mining-181003&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=digest

I'm thinking that $1,200/ozt is the floor and we have a base started. The trend should be upwards especially if the stock market continues to tank into year's end.

:G :D James :D :G

Back to pouring my good delivery bars. The LBMA is expecting their delivery. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

cosmetal said:
I'm thinking that $1,200/ozt is the floor and we have a base started. The trend should be upwards especially if the stock market continues to tank into year's end.

Per the underline --- Not to get political here - but you must be watching "the fake news" :shock: :wink: :D :lol: :twisted:

kurtak said:
cosmetal said:

Per the underline --- Not to get political here - but you must be watching "the fake news" :shock: :wink: :D :lol: :twisted:

Mining.com
Marketwatch.com
Barron's.com

These news outlets are usually not considered to be "hot beds" of "fake news".

Another article from this morning:

"Gold’s bottom could be investors’ lost treasure"
http://www.mining.com/web/golds-bottom-investors-lost-treasure/?utm_source=digest-en-mining-181005&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=digest

Warren Buffet said to buy when "there's blood running in the street" and the gold mining stocks and their product (gold) haven't been exactly healthy lately. Recent M&A within the mining industry is also a good sign.

Peace,
James

I don't play the market, stocks or otherwise, but it seems to me that the rich folks put their money in metal when the economy stinks as a safe(r) haven and socks when things pick back up. Politics aside, when Reagan took office gold was at/near record highs and the economy was in the toilet. In the 90's (Clinton) gold was down around $250 and the economy was doing well. Say what you will about Obama but the bottom line is the economy was bad when he got it and it stayed that way until November of 2016 and gold set new record highs. Now we have Trump and he is certainly an inarticulate boar but he does know how to run an economy and wait for it....... gold is down a bit.
I do believe $1200 is the floor, at least in the short term.

Strong "safe haven" buying today, hopefully there's lots more blood on the Street from now on. I've been holding cash & gold for a while, soon it might be time to sell gold and buy stocks.

Dow down 546 points today. I'll wait until the November elections and year-end selling are over, then stocks might be interesting to me.

One time today, I saw gold up $34 dollars plus change. It closes down $0.90 cents? :shock:

Someone is "painting the tape" on gold. :evil:

James

To add a little juice to the whole scenario remember that a lot of gold traded does not actually exist, it’s paper gold, if everyone who had bits of paper said they wanted physical gold instead of paper then perhaps we might get a realistic price.

cosmetal said:
Not a happy day for the market - down 832 points. Reminds me of 2008.

Dow down 546 points today

probably just a "short" term "panic" down turn (fed announces interest rate hike)

to many "other" things driving the current market(s) that are "likely" to turn it "right" back up

Kurt

nickvc said:
To add a little juice to the whole scenario remember that a lot of gold traded does not actually exist, it’s paper gold, if everyone who had bits of paper said they wanted physical gold instead of paper then perhaps we might get a realistic price.

So very, very true.

It's also one major reason that sovereign nations are pulling their physical gold back and requiring that it be stored within their boundaries.

Turkey
https://www.goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=26872

Germany

James

I'm staying as far away from paper as i can for the near future. Physical assets are even overvalued at this point. I'm sticking with my metals.

cosmetal said:
nickvc said:

So very, very true.

It's also one major reason that sovereign nations are pulling their physical gold back and requiring that it be stored within their boundaries.

Turkey

Germany

James

It says a lot when sovereign nations start to distrust the system that the banks have employed.
I know Germany has been recalling their gold for years and they couldn’t get it all in one hit it took several years I gather if it’s all back in their vaults even now.
If you reckoned up the amount of gold held as physical gold by nations against historic mining figures I wouldn’t mind betting there’s not much of a difference in percentages and then allow for personal jewellery and coins and it wouldn’t surprise me if it didn’t balance or be very close.

The gold price will go up quickly if everyone who doesn't have physical metal suddenly demanded their metal. Maybe some countries are smart enough to see this may actually happen and they now want physical. Here in the US the banks proved to us just how low they could sink with their mortgage scam, no reason not to believe the same can't happen with the gold they sell multiple times. But we can just bail them out again.

Be safe, have all your gold (and silver) as physical metal.

Buying gold stocks is much like buying shares in any other stock. You buy gold stocks through a broker just as you would purchase stocks in any other company. This gives you partial ownership in a company that develops mines, recovers gold, or refines it. The value of your gold stocks is not tied to the spot price of gold or the actual market value of gold but depend on the profits of the company in which you’ve invested.

Fiat or paper money is only worth what we can trade it for, it can go flat fast at the country's economy or politicians whims, one day you may buy a loaf of bread for 2 dollars, a year later it could take thousands of dollars to buy a slice of that loaf.

National debt, war, economic hard times, how much a country deflates its money by printing more worthless paper, so many things riding on a currency with nothing actually physical to back it up can have some worth today and yet become only fuel for our wood stoves tomorrow, besides it really does not keep well buried in the ground for hiding or saving like gold.

Dividing all of the world's gold, amongst all of the people of the world we each would have somewhere around 23 grams each.

Dividing up the silver somewhere around 0.80 ounces per person, and now with most of the worlds unaccounted for silver which just happens to be sitting around in our landfills, and with the majority of Silver ever mined in human history is consumed and gone forever (including modern times) ...

Gold or silver has always had value and always will, even the Roman centurion soldier who was paid in gold made about as much as a soldier today, and he could buy about the same amount of bread with his gold as we can today, although the price of gold can go up and down (or how many paper dollars it would take to buy the gold (or bread for that matter), with gold is a good bet that the gold will buy the same amount of bread if it is high or low compared to your paper money, which seems to take more of to buy bread every time you go shopping.

I do not consider the price of gold that much unless I am buying it or selling it, I consider having gold will ensure I can have a piece of bread in hard times, and it would buy more bread than that deflating dollar could in those times,

I cannot see fiat money being able to buy more bread than I can today, but I can see where gold or silver could.

I honestly believe the physical gold price is also manipulated, by paper gold stock, and maybe even by the world players, in any way I feel gold is actually worth more than the Kitco daily figures show.

In any event, I would like to have a little more than my share of the world's gold, with 23 grams per person an ounce or two in your pocket could make you a rich man in the world, or at least you could afford some bread in the hard years, and maybe even prosper through them...

why would I prefer paper bananas, if I can get real edible bananas, paper money or gold and silver that has always held value?

I want my two cents saved as gold or silver, forget those zinc pennies that soon rot away.

But if/when shit really hits the fan, only things that matter are water, food and shelter. Gold becomes worthless, and you very well can starve to death in a house made of good delivery bars.

It´s so sad how EU is trying to commit suicide by letting millions of africans migrate.

kurtak said:
cosmetal said:
Not a happy day for the market - down 832 points. Reminds me of 2008.

Dow down 546 points today

probably just a "short" term "panic" down turn (fed announces interest rate hike)

to many "other" things driving the current market(s) that are "likely" to turn it "right" back up

Kurt

Hmmmm - since you first stated this thread gold has lost most of it's gain - silver has actually gone "below" it's "previous" low

September 29th 2017 I bought 1,000 ozt silver at $16.66 (that days spot) which means I am currently down a bit more the $2,600 on that investment - which means silver has a "long" way to go just to brake even on that investment

IF - I had bought 1,000 ozt gold on September 29th 2017 - I would be down $70/ozt - or $70,000 on 1,000/ozt - again - a long way to go on the investment

All though the DOW is currently down "a bit" - keep in mind that since the 2016 election the DOW is still up "about" 7,000

The point being - you are going to have to see a continued & sustained fall in the DOW before you see a continued &/or sustained up turn in gold & silver --- & I just don't see that happening any time soon like we saw in 2008

As a side note - I also happen to have a (very small) interest in mineral (oil) rights in North Dakota (actual oil wells) & in the last 3 months oil has lost about $25/barrel so my monthly royalty checks have gone from about $300 down to $90

Kurt

Back