Larger tilting furnace

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started the drawings for the lid and the lift mechanism.

Also a quick scratch of the cone mold I have yet to build.
e05c269467e8d8bc3509bd4bdc4eeef5.jpg

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

That is looking even more amazing. I wish I had the space to allocate to something like that. Over here in the UK that would cost a small fortune!

Jon

Thanks Jon.

I am fortunate to have enough land to set up a shop. If I had to rent or buy commercial space it would not very affordable.

One of the many benefits of country living.

By the way I have read many of your post and have learned a lot.

Thanks again.

It's been awhile. So here's a small update.

This is the mechanism to rotate the charging bucket. I got all of the pulleys and belts from my local tractor supply.

The motor I am using is a 2 HP damaged (had to straighten the mounting plate) that I got for a 100.00 from Harbor Freight. They threw in a 2 year warranty.

More soon...
44bd28bd6b94f19587ebdf22c0a045a9.jpg
3d87d02263018b34827787ae0c679961.jpg

Looks great! I wish I had the possibility for fabricating that you have. Don't know what I would use it for though, just wish I had it. :mrgreen:

Göran

Thanks Goran. I wish I had your refining knowledge and skills.

I am extremely grateful for this Forum and all of it's members. I read and reread constantly here.

The knowledge base for answering questions is unreal. The the thing is that so many thoughtful and intelligent questions are asked also. Most of them are questions that I have not even thought to ask.

Many time this leads to a better learning process than any other I have encountered.

Thanks to all!

Here is another update of what I am now calling the swing bucket and rotor assembly.

I can now move on to mounting the actuator mounting plates.

When I get the bucket back from the plate roller the whole assemblies can be installed. More later....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2a3CkNjKE1F9nCPC9

Keeping up with the updates is better than "reality" T.V. I can't wait to see this thing working.

Here is a shot of the rotory bucket in the upright position (when dumping the charge into the furnace)

Lots of welding to do yet. Then on to rebuilding the burner and controls. (Not in bad shape just need to be reconfigured to allow the furnace to tilt)
d36951357ff74b96f900989d69a8f749.jpg

Back