How about a Summer Guessing Contest?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you do not post your guess, you will never beat my guess.
Those who have posted and joined in on the fun still have a chance to beat my guess, and better yet, maybe be the winner of the contest.

You will never beat my guess and take hold of the silver prize unless you post your guess.

There is still time, do you feel as lucky as I feel?

if so then post your lucky guess, who knows, this could be your lucky day to get a little of that silver to put in yer poke.

Hi Folks :)
I have been following this thread for a while, enjoying the guesses.
But since we are encouraged to guess, even by some our esteemed moderators, I'll participate as well ;-)

I'll send this wild guess over the pond just for the fun of it.

So here is my reasoning:
The solution looks quite saturated, which are supposed to be 6.8g/ml * 1100ml appr 750g (ish)
AuCl3 divided by saturation grade, lets say 3/4 saturated, which gives 562,5 g AuCl3

This will in turn give 562.5/303.325 = 1.85*197 = 365.3 grams, then subtract the X factor,
and voila my guess arrives at 336.6g give or take a bit :-D

At the end of the day, my guess is waay out there or the only one close so far ;-)
Have a fantastic day all :mrgreen:

Alright, my guess, based partly on estimation from solution color, then reverting to nice round numbers is:
7 ozt, or 217.721g

Thanks!

Seems like some of our members are shy, or just allergic to silver.

The more votes the more fun and the more we all win, so join in the fun, even if you have a tendency of bouts of Argentum hypoallergenic.

Well, only a couple hours left. 37 guesses so far. Here's where we stand. Sorted from lowest to highest weight.

Walcam - 31g
modtheworld44 - 44g
Refining Rick - 45g
DigginBroad - 47.6g
nuks neims - 60g
Dr.xyz - 66.6g
kernels - 72g
denim - 82g
markscomp - 88.5g
Calg5 - 97.9g
patnor1011 - 101.1g
Shark - 106.3g
eaglewings35 - 110.7g
jonn - 116.95g
PanningOut - 122.5g
BSGMiner - 123.456789g
butcher - 135.55g
Dpetes - 142.75g
anachronism - 146g
Slochteren - 151.1g
francisco rodriguez - 152.4g
johnny309 - 157g
UncleBenBen - 164.364756g
tazman777 - 167g
idahoMole - 171g
philddreamer - 183.56g
FrugalRefiner - 190.0g
kurtak - 195.6g
4metals - 199.5g
galenrog - 201.3g
rickzeien - 208.6g
etack - 212.58g
MGH - 217.721g
Snoman701 - 225.2g
FigiMon - 230g
JoeyJoystick - 250g
Yggdrasil - 336.6g

I will announce the winner tomorrow.

Tom

Best of luck to us all! Thanks, Metatp.

P.S. - I think the mean average of all the guess is gonna be verrry close to the right answer... We're smarter together. ;)

Wow, that is what makes the forum the best, so we all win, I knew my guess was lucky (if only in some part).

Just as our participation in conversation of our combined curiosity and interest, everyone sharing and joining in with their two bits, we all win something better than silver.

At least I won more from this than silver.

Thank every one of you for being a part of the forum, it is my hope that your guess will be called out loud as the winner of the silver.

Those who have been allergic to silver or afraid to speak out, then join in with the conversations of the forum, we all learn from each other, you learn from us, and we need you to join in before we can learn from you and your experiences.

Some of us may not get silver but we can get something better by helping each other.

Back